Newcastle United vs. Portsmouth-Monday 27th April 8pm *Setanta 1* Pre-match

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

Smith was actually receiving the ball and turning into space. For the moment I fancy getting annoyed at a rash tackle than getting annoyed over Butts Hollywood passes to the stewards.

Harper

Beye    Taylor/Colo        Bassong    Enrique

(whoever is fit)

Nolan

Barton                Guthrie

Owen                              Martins

Viduka

Krul, Taylor/Colo (if both fit), Smith, Lovenkrands, Duff, Jonas, Carroll.

Butt is never going to be left out of the 18 (although he really should be), nor is Ryan Taylor although I suppose chances are only one of Taylor or Colo will be fit and so Ryan will make the bench, unlucky for Edgar not to make squad, leaves out Shola, Cacapa, Xisco and Geremi.

Jonas and Duff to come on and run at them after 60-70 mins.

If only eh

.................Harper..................

Beye..Colo..Bassong..Edgar (if enrique is not fit)

...............Smith...................

..........Jonas....Loven............

.................Owen................

......Viduka...........Martins....

Is what I hope we see.

1) No duff

2) No R taylor

3) No Nolan

4)  No Butt

Not going to happen. Smith looked twice the player of our other midfielders. He could pass, and move :o

(btw, I'd drop Owen, put in carrol, but we all know that aint gonna happen any time soon)

If we're going 4-3-3 then dropping Owen is ridiculous, he's by far the best suited player in our squad to playing in the hole.

Lovenkrands in midfield won't happen either, and nor should it. I'd not be adverse to giving Smith a run but not as the holding midfielder, slap Guthrie there and let Smith play in one of the outside CM roles.

I just wanted to fit Loven in :( I agree though. Guthrie would be better. Besides, we need more than 1 midfielder who can tackle :lol:

Smith can tackle? ???

Guth can sorta.

Only just noticed am going to miss this game, at Arena wathcing the Oz Pink Floyd, nailed on 5-0 win as am going to fkn miss it. Gota though my mate bought me a ticket £40 lol oh well its on TV aint it? will V+ it.

Only just noticed am going to miss this game, at Arena wathcing the Oz Pink Floyd, nailed on 5-0 win as am going to fkn miss it. Gota though my mate bought me a ticket £40 lol oh well its on TV aint it? will V+ it.

I'd rather be with you too Skirge.

Guest toonlass

Portsmouth playing tonight against Man u, so hopefully man U fuck the whole team, leaving them with 11 first teamers injured.

FYP

let's hope pompey get thrashed tonight,(although i have a worried feeling that they might snatch a draw) goal difference will be crucial come end of the season. I reckon somone will stay-up/go-down based on goal difference alone.

I'd rather be with you too Skirge.

I've seen them before, they're absolutely class.

You're really missing out mate. :thup:

Although it won't happen, Pompey win and their definitely safe so hopefully thel pick up 3 points n not really have anything to play for.

Surely it's better for there to be another team who could go down, so we want Man Utd to thrash them, us to beat them on Monday, and all of a sudden they're right back in it?

Graeme Danby pre-match. :snod:

People may say we shouldn't over-use him, but I think it's a great idea for Monday, we need every Toon fan in the ground to raise the roof.

Graeme Danby pre-match. :snod:

People may say we shouldn't over-use him, but I think it's a great idea for Monday, we need every Toon fan in the ground to raise the roof.

As well as 52000 black and white cards, 20000 flags and 1000 scarfs, sounds like a fire hazard !!