Shearer says talks with Cardiff were "unsucessful" - Sky News

Decky

I have a nagging doubt that Shearer will be a Souness esque "my way or the high way" manager that may well prevent him being, ahem, a "top boss."

It's how it used to be, to be fair. Managers pander far too much to players today and that's a bad thing, IMO.

Guest BooBoo

In all management there has to be some flexibity and compromise. The Souness/ Shearer/ Seargeant

Major approach will simply not work these days, for better or worse.

Aye, nowerdays players have much more 'power', and respect has to be earned as a manager (even by someone like Shearer). He cannot just walk into a job and just 'lay down the law', he has to be able to create a bond with the players and ultimately earn there respect first.

His dealing with Barton seemed pretty shit tbh (although we don't know exactly what happened).

I don't think Shearer will be this "lay down the law" type that some are saying. I think he tried that when he took over at Newcastle as it was some sort of shake up attempt. I can't see those few games as Toon boss can be truly taken as indicative of his managerial style for Cardiff. He's still got to get a full season of managing a club under his belt yet and I'm sure he will change with the job overtime like anyone else would.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hooray! Now we won't have to suffer him on MOTD.

Don't see what was wrong with him on the show really.

Quite liked him myself.

He's the most boring, useless pundit ever.

Plonk a rock down on the MOTD sofa and it would provide more insight.

Apart from him being as boring as a wet Tuesday afternoon in Doncaster and offering zero insight into the games, there was nothing wrong with him at all.

Shearer's punditry is garbage. He over-compensates by rarely saying positive things about us, so that people don't just think he's a Geordie simpleton. There was a newspaper article pointing out that his vocabulary range is so narrow compared to most other pundits.

Cardiff fans seem pretty split, the adventurous half would like to give him a craic, realising that although he is inexperienced he would bring a LOT to the club in terms of PR especially. The other half want Malky f***ing Mackay :idiot2:

Aye, strange they'd want a Championship proven manager ahead of someone who couldn't even inspire his hometown team to bother trying in the face of getting relegated.

Can only assume they've given him mad wages and told him there is money to burn on transfers/wages. Makes no sense otherwise. From an objective POV I'd be fuming if I was a CCFC fan.

In all management there has to be some flexibity and compromise. The Souness/ Shearer/ Seargeant

Major approach will simply not work these days, for better or worse.

Seems to work alright for Fergie.

Fergie seems to have  more flexibility. yes he lays down the law but he also offers a lot of encouragement.