The England Thread

Pilko

:lol: More drama from the drama queen.  Hope he becomes a manager when he retires, completely bombs and is never seen again.

Nah I think he has ex player, one of the lads, shyte pundit written all over him.

So Jamie Redknapp, basically? :lol:

Guest Chubby Jason

He was our best centre back so I can't really see how this good news. You could see how much we missed him in the last qualifier.

The FA, using their lower burden of proof, will inevitably find him guilty. The majority will use this verdict to validate their opinion that he is a racist. This would have ended his England career anyway, he merely jumped before he was pushed. Perhaps he is a victim.

The FA, using their lower burden of proof, will inevitably find him guilty. The majority will use this verdict to validate their opinion that he is a racist. This would have ended his England career anyway, he merely jumped before he was pushed. Perhaps he is a victim.

Given his character I tend to agree, that and the fact his family aren't a gang of scumbags.

He was our best centre back so I can't really see how this good news. You could see how much we missed him in the last qualifier.

Bingo lads.

Terry's only crime is that he's an asshole. Big deal. The whole England squad is full of assholes, has been since this entitled generation of English footballers started playing.

The FA, using their lower burden of proof, will inevitably find him guilty. The majority will use this verdict to validate their opinion that he is a racist. This would have ended his England career anyway, he merely jumped before he was pushed. Perhaps he is a victim...

... of his own actions.

Guest Stephen927

With the exception of WC 2010, in which he was average, he always turned up and shone in the tournaments. Gotta give him that.

:thup:

He's overrated, I hear chelsea fans saying he organises other defenders well and that maybe so, but he gets good press for MOTD highlight reel good tackles and throwing himself in front of the ball. For some reason it's already forgotten this is the defender who endangered Chelsea's champs league bid by getting himself suspended through an act of needless violence. If Joey Barton did that in a champions league semi-final (as well he could) we'd never hear the end of it, and rightly so. But st john terry kicks a player for no reason and all is forgiven he is still england's brave leader john terry.

That's not to say he's bad, he's just thick and he thinks he's the manager, not a great combination either. As a defender he needs a cultured and fast defender next to him to do the hard work while he flings himself in front of shots for the glory.

I'm really glad we have Colo as our #1 defender. You get the impression someone like Saylor models himself on the Terry mould of defender. Whilst a great player in his own right, you always knew once the little pace he had left, he'd be a big weakness.

Terry's no slower than Colo really but it's affected his game hugely.

Terry exemplifies that old model of central defender. He's the backline destroyer. Don't ask him to distribute out of the back or move around much. But come into the box and he takes care of business. Certainly few better set-piece defenders, he's always been strong through the air.