Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Krul would be mad moving to tottenham this window, as would any decent player settled where they are as everything will change in the summer with Harry gone to prison/England. Bale and modric will be off, adebayor won't stay and that leaves them not too far ahead of the likes of us if we continue to do what we are doing.

Krul would be mad moving to tottenham this window, as would any decent player settled where they are as everything will change in the summer with Harry gone to prison/England. Bale and modric will be off, adebayor won't stay and that leaves them not too far ahead of the likes of us if we continue to do what we are doing.

God will cry if this happens. :iamatwat:

God will cry if this happens. :iamatwat:

It won't. They'll be in the CL and bring in a big name manager.

find it hard to believe Levy would sanction big money for a goalkeeper

Why? Gomes has been sidelined and Friedel is maybe good for one more year at a push. Krul could be the keeper for ten years, as he will probably be for you. I think Levy will sanction what's needed for what's needed, within our usual parameters.

There is a canny compilation video of Wor Timmy's saves so far this season on everybody's favourite video sharing site  :)

Tim Krul Saves Newcastle 11/12 HD

Great Compilation, love the man :smitten:

I forgot how much he trolled Wolves in that game.  :lol:

There is a canny compilation video of Wor Timmy's saves so far this season on everybody's favourite video sharing site  :)

Tim Krul Saves Newcastle 11/12 HD

Great Compilation, love the man :smitten:

I forgot how much he trolled Wolves in that game.  :lol:

Was expecting a super imposed troll face and the trollololol song to start playing :lol:

One thing I don't understand is this idea that if someone comes up with 15m (Spurs basically) we'll just sell straight away. Good keepers are hard to come by especially those with light years ahead in their career. Consider the fact with our latest signing Cisse and why would you strengthen so well in one area only to weaken yourself massively by selling your starting keeper who is happy at the club??

Krul has proved himself, is key to the success with Colo at the back so what would be the point in selling him for 15m when you'd have to a) find and pay for a replacement and b) probably lose money in terms of the points we would lose not having him between the sticks directly affecting our place in the league.

I just don't see how selling him even for a profit would be of any benefit looking at the bigger picture. He's top drawer, has proved himself, loves the club, is probably excited just as we are at the latest signing so why would the club even think of selling? Goal keeper is a crucial position and hard to replace.

Just paper nonense???

Indeed.

Right or wrong, the Carroll sale will hang over our heads for a while when it comes to this sort of thing though. Hopefully it was genuinely a one off based on the massive fee.

One thing I don't understand is this idea that if someone comes up with 15m (Spurs basically) we'll just sell straight away. Good keepers are hard to come by especially those with light years ahead in their career. Consider the fact with our latest signing Cisse and why would you strengthen so well in one area only to weaken yourself massively by selling your starting keeper who is happy at the club??

Krul has proved himself, is key to the success with Colo at the back so what would be the point in selling him for 15m when you'd have to a) find and pay for a replacement and b) probably lose money in terms of the points we would lose not having him between the sticks directly affecting our place in the league.

I just don't see how selling him even for a profit would be of any benefit looking at the bigger picture. He's top drawer, has proved himself, loves the club, is probably excited just as we are at the latest signing so why would the club even think of selling? Goal keeper is a crucial position and hard to replace.

Just paper nonense???

Indeed.

Right or wrong, the Carroll sale will hang over our heads for a while when it comes to this sort of thing though. Hopefully it was genuinely a one off based on the massive fee.

I'm starting to think maybe it is, but alomst every player has their price I suppose.  For example if clubs did actually bid £25m for someone like Tiote, or Cabaye, I would expect us to sell.  But I hope and don't think we are just going to start splitting the team up for the sake of a bit of profit.

Probably naive, but I'm not so sure we are just a 'selling club'.  The money for Carroll was ridiculous and in hindsight was a cracking deal for NUFC.

Could be totally wrong mind, just positive of late after the Cisse signing.  I can see it going either way to be honest.

Just paper nonense???

Indeed.

I'm starting to think maybe it is, but alomst every player has their price I suppose.  For example if clubs did actually bid £25m for someone like Tiote, or Cabaye, I would expect us to sell.  But I hope and don't think we are just going to start splitting the team up for the sake of a bit of profit.

Probably naive, but I'm not so sure we are just a 'selling club'.  The money for Carroll was ridiculous and in hindsight was a cracking deal for NUFC.

Could be totally wrong mind, just positive of late after the Cisse signing.  I can see it going either way to be honest.

Every player has their price. But 15m certainly isn't Krul's. The media have us down as just taking any sort of profit though, that was my point.

find it hard to believe Levy would sanction big money for a goalkeeper

Why? Gomes has been sidelined and Friedel is maybe good for one more year at a push. Krul could be the keeper for ten years, as he will probably be for you. I think Levy will sanction what's needed for what's needed, within our usual parameters.

Why didn't you get someone in last summer? I mean someone a bit longer term than Friedel?

Is his girlfriend a Geordie?

If so I hope she's the type who doesn't like to be too far away from her mam.

Added to that, you should hope that he's a guy who actually wouldn't just change her....

Krul always looks too boyish and happy to be a dick...