Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Meh. I'd be worried if NUFC were concerned about pitting our CM's against him next season and, imho, a lower half premiership club is certainly his level.

He'd have been fine as a squad player for us next season but I wouldn't want to be seeing too much of him near the first team.

Still, good luck to him, gone to a decent club in Reading.

Been a while since I've said this about one of our departing players but I sincerely hope he does very well, and gets that first England cap.

For the sake of England I hope not, agree with the sentiment though. Good luck to the lad and I'm sure he'll get a good reception when they come up here.

Guest bimpy474

Been a while since I've said this about one of our departing players but I sincerely hope he does very well, and gets that first England cap.

Well imo he's much better than Henderson, if he can get a cap and if Guthrie has a good season he could make the squad at least.

His lack of natural fitness will always hold him back.

I think he's a good player, but I do agree with this. For all his positives, it seems his fitness is something that is might be an ongoing issue for him in his career. As a professional footballer he should be able to put in a good 90 minute shift, but so frequently tails off fairly early on. Might have asthma or something (?) Should do well at Reading, think it was a good time for everyone for him to move, but would have been happy for him to remain here as a squad player. Just Facebooked a Reading mate of mine - probably over-egged the pudding a bit, but thought he could do with cheering up:

Danny Guthrie - bloody good signing Stu. Excellent distribution and creative in attack, he can play on the wing, but is best through the middle. Quality corners and free kicks as well - he should weigh in with a few goals. Does tend to visibly tire beyond the 75 min mark, but keeps up with the game and reads situations well. Sad to see him leave, but he was going to struggle to get games. Hope he settles in well and helps bring success to Reading... and just for your benefit mate - come on URZzZ!

His lack of natural fitness will always hold him back.

I think he's a good player, but I do agree with this. For all his positives, it seems his fitness is something that is might be an ongoing issue for him in his career. As a professional footballer he should be able to put in a good 90 minute shift, but so frequently tails off fairly early on. Might have asthma or something (?) Should do well at Reading, think it was a good time for everyone for him to move, but would have been happy for him to remain here as a squad player. Just Facebooked a Reading mate of mine - probably over-egged the pudding a bit, but thought he could do with cheering up:

Danny Guthrie - bloody good signing Stu. Excellent distribution and creative in attack, he can play on the wing, but is best through the middle. Quality corners and free kicks as well - he should weigh in with a few goals. Does tend to visibly tire beyond the 75 min mark, but keeps up with the game and reads situations well. Sad to see him leave, but he was going to struggle to get games. Hope he settles in well and helps bring success to Reading... and just for your benefit mate - come on URZzZ!

Barring some ailment we don't know about, fitness should be something easy for him to improve on. With the right trainer and regimen he really shouldn't have any problems going 90.