Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good luck to him, he was a good player for us and helped us out a lot. Also, as people have said I have nothing against him wanting first team football and i hope he gets it. He will do a good job for any club he joins.

I appreciate that he wants to play regularly but he did get to play a fair number of games each season.  However, almost every time he got in to the team and had an opportunity for a decent run of games, he got injured.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Best of luck. Hopefully he can keep that level of performance and fitness up that he showed this season.

Guthrie had a really bad spell but redeemed himself this season with some fantastic performances. He has good technique and vision but struggles to get through 90 minutes.

He seems a good guy though and his reasons for leaving are perfectly understandable. Best of luck to him.

HE LEFT

FUCKING CUNT

*Fucking greedy cunt.

I've always liked Guthrie and especially after this season.  Thought it was a shame it didn't really work out for him last season after he'd been one of our best players in the promotion season but he's shown character and helped us cope without Tiote/Cabaye on numerous occasions this year.  Hope he does well and plays for England.

Disappointed he is leaving BUT certainly wish him well

He has had ups and downs BUT overall he proved to be a good signing

True BUT he's gone now.

I've never understood why people do this whole BUT thing. :lol:

A shame that he sees himself elsewhere, we will be playing a lot more matches this year and his minutes will have gone up drastically.

He was the ideal backup to have, hopefully we can replace him.

I trust the board with this decision. He's a good player, not one for the first team but one that would be good cover/cup player.

I'm assuming the management see other players developing in his position and/or bringing in players who will be able to take his place. I don't begrudge him leaving. He's getting on in his career now and in a few years will be hitting his peak, he needs first team football for what development he has left and he needs to be playing first team football during his peak years. He's never going to get that here and I honestly see this as his way of trying to get the most out of his career in terms of playing time rather then money terms that many other players do.

We have Gosling, Abeid will be a year longer in his progression, heavily linked to Butterfield and that Burger fella and signed Amalfitano.

Definitely looks like we have made plans for his departure.