SSN: David O'Leary 'no longer in contention' for NUFC job

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well if O'Leary got us promoted (somehow) I'd expect Ashley to try and sell again. It'd only not be a short-term contract if we were fucking crap and destined to be in the Championship.

Unless that's what you mean? :lol:

If it goes ahead he'll, rightly, be seen as nothing more than Ashley's toady, a man willing to do anything because there's no one else willing to give him a job.

Whilst any manager is probably better than no manager, I'd put O'Dreary down on the same level as Skirge's dog on the list of potential managers.

I've always rated O'Leary as a decent manager, not a great one. Right now, sadly, i would take "decent".

What i don't understand is why Ashley doesn't just appoint Shearer? If he is going to appoint someone, he might as well appease the fans.

Obviously O'Leary is the cheap option.

I've always rated O'Leary as a decent manager, not a great one. Right now, sadly, i would take "decent".

What i don't understand is why Ashley doesn't just appoint Shearer? If he is going to appoint someone, he might as well appease the fans.

because obviously they fell out when they met on the tuesday after the relegation.

Two words; Kevin Keegan.

And we all know how that went for wor Mike.

Two words; Kevin Keegan.

And we all know how that went for wor Mike.

I wouldn't see Keegan's appointment was appeasing the fans so to speak. As in I can't remember anyone at the time saying they wanted him in as manager, so there wasn't really anyone to appease. But I do get what you are saying.

John Carver would be a great shout, but because he'll be seen as "shearer's voice in another body" itll work against him. shame.

Why?  :lol:

O'Leary's a massive cunt. That's not up for discussion. A megacunt if you will. He didn't do that bad a job at Leeds though, and I've got a feeling he did OK for a while at Villa before it went to shit (fully expecting to be corrected by brummie). It's massive straw clutching but for some reason I think this might happen so I need to convince myself it could be OK. He has his plus points like, for instance, being an actual real-life manager. Likes playing the kids too.

O'Leary's a massive c***. That's not up for discussion. A megacunt if you will. He didn't do that bad a job at Leeds though, and I've got a feeling he did OK for a while at Villa before it went to s*** (fully expecting to be corrected by brummie). It's massive straw clutching but for some reason I think this might happen so I need to convince myself it could be OK. He has his plus points like, for instance, being an actual real-life manager. Likes playing the kids too.

Smith played his best footballl under him as well.

John Carver would be a great shout, but because he'll be seen as "shearer's voice in another body" itll work against him. shame.

Why?  :lol:

well he knows the club, he's local, he's not a yes man and from the sounds of that 5live/radio newc broadcast he knows exactly what he'd do here. plus he now has managerial experience (even if it was only toronto).

O'Leary's a massive c***. That's not up for discussion. A megacunt if you will. He didn't do that bad a job at Leeds though, and I've got a feeling he did OK for a while at Villa before it went to s*** (fully expecting to be corrected by brummie). It's massive straw clutching but for some reason I think this might happen so I need to convince myself it could be OK. He has his plus points like, for instance, being an actual real-life manager. Likes playing the kids too.

Smith played his best footballl under him as well.

That is a staggeringly impressive grasp for a straw, even I didn't manage that one. I salute you, gorilla.

What i don't understand is why Ashley doesn't just appoint Shearer?

Because hiring someone with a spine who don't want to watch the club go down the pan and has the fans on their side would make things very difficult for Ahley