Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

Guest VaVaVoom

Back.

Good knows how long it'll take him, from what I've seen of him down there you'd be struggling to find a slower keeper in any of the 4 leagues.

Aye

He has absolutely shocking for Brighton. Thats in a lower league.

Krul aside...we have shit all in reserve.

Harper and Elliott can jog on at the end of the season and Forster to take a leaf out of Harps loyalty and sit on the bench for us.

• 1 month later...

Hull have been linked with a move for Newcastle goalkeeper Steve Harper, and Barmby said: "A goalie will definitely come in."

However, he added that any incoming signings would have to fit into Hull's passing game.

"We know our targets but we know the way we want to play," he said.

"If I stay in charge we certainly won't be playing direct, but fresh faces will come in."

Hull rejected a bid from Leicester for winger Cameron Stewart on New Year's Day, but Barmby said: "I wouldn't even call it a real bid (for Stewart). It would take an awful lot of money to take any of those lads out of the door."

He was outside SJP at around 1pm on the day of the Lpool game. Completely out of the picture - good luck to him. Wasted career tbh, I honestly think he'd have been given a chance with England if he'd shown more ambition and left us.

He was outside SJP at around 1pm on the day of the Lpool game. Completely out of the picture - good luck to him. Wasted career tbh, I honestly think he'd have been given a chance with England if he'd shown more ambition and left us.

Yeah he would have at least made some squads, some pretty awful keepers have been called up in his time.

He doesn't travel to away games, his choice.

Has been on the bench a few times at SJP since he finished his loan at Brighton.