Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

Tempted not to hang around for the lap on Sunday but will do because this guy deserves an appreciative send off.

I feel exactly the same, I don't want to look as if I'm backing what has gone on this season but feel that Harper should get a good send off.

Top bloke and a great servant. Shame he didn't feature more and try to push his career on a bit, but I'm not going to grumble with anyone who loves Newcastle that much to sit on the bench and come in like he has in the past.

It's annoying how much emphasis the commentators are putting on the cheers for Harper. Obviously there will be a few more but he came and claimed a ball, every time the crowd would have cheered but they are "and shock, the crowd cheer that".

Guest Open_C

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/169054728-steven-harper-of-newcastle-united-is-brought-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QXRkjsDTpAjDZbZ1W4JB02T9plN2CmBbKb84BbAYv%2F4tINJDZ60gFynZoonfztQNDA%3D%3D

The poor owld fucker :(

Really touching scenes on the 37th minute and to follow that up with a canny save. All in all, it was a solid enough performance from him which is something you, more often than not, got from Harper. Kudos, he will be missed. All the best for the future Harps!

Hope he comes back to us in some sort of coaching capacity.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Wish him all the best wherever he ends at. He could've done better for the goal though if he still had his reflexes and managed to get a hand or two up but I won't complain. Hope that his experience can help him get a decent job for next season