Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

• 2 weeks later...

Would've thought he'd have wanted to play a bit next season. No change there, like.

Good luck to a great guy.

Bruce will have offered him a back role with loads of extra coaching which is exactly what he wants.

Would've thought he'd have wanted to play a bit next season. No change there, like.

Good luck to a great guy.

He's set for life money wise, I'm sure he could have went to someone like Carlisle, still lived at home, played a season of football. See where you're coming from tbh.

Would rather keep him for 2 more years than splash out 5m euro on a new third/second choice. Good luck to a brilliant guy, just wish he would have finished his career here.

Aye, and why buy another striker when we have Shola?

Would rather keep him for 2 more years than splash out 5m euro on a new third/second choice. Good luck to a brilliant guy, just wish he would have finished his career here.

Aye, and why buy another striker when we have Shola?

I rate harper as second or third choice. I dont rate Shola, rather use the quoted 5m euro on a striker than a third choice keeper.

We wouldn't use the extra €5m on a striker anyway.

Harper is not good enough to be our second choice, and if we can get one of the best young keepers in Holland for €5m that should be a no-brainer.