Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest MrBrown

PS: How exactly is Sol Campbell going to appreciate Messers Houghton & Calderwood hollering instructions at him? It'd be like Ronny Rosenthal being Torres' manager.

You can be a good coach/ manager without ever having been a world-class player. Hughton and Calderwood were better players than Ferguson and Mourinho, but look at the players the latter two have coached.

Also- surely that's one of the benefits of signing someone with quality and experience- you shouldn't necessarily need to be hollering instructions at them- in fact, you'd use their experience to assist you on the pitch.

PS: How exactly is Sol Campbell going to appreciate Messers Houghton & Calderwood hollering instructions at him? It'd be like Ronny Rosenthal being Torres' manager.

You can be a good coach/ manager without ever having been a world-class player. Hughton and Calderwood were better players than Ferguson and Mourinho, but look at the players the latter two have coached.

Also- surely that's one of the benefits of signing someone with quality and experience- you shouldn't necessarily need to be hollering instructions at them- in fact, you'd use their experience to assist you on the pitch.

Because Hughton & Calderwood should be mentioned in the same breath as those two.

A good job someone told Capello that - don't bother shouting instructions at Gerrard, Lampard, Terry etc - use their experience.

Well there goes our policy of signing younger players. Infact, this would probably be the oldest player we have ever signed.

I dont really think such a thing was ever set in stone. Loven, Williamson & Routledge are some recent players to join & I dont class them as younger players.

Routledge had just turned 25, in fairness.

Fergie was a canny player went for a record fee between jock clubs in his prime.

Well there goes our policy of signing younger players. Infact, this would probably be the oldest player we have ever signed.

I dont really think such a thing was ever set in stone. Loven, Williamson & Routledge are some recent players to join & I dont class them as younger players.

Still 25. Tbh I would not class a 24 year old as young player  either.

No chance of the fuzz nabbing you on a statutory rape charge.

No chance of the fuzz nabbing you on a statutory rape charge.

The cops would be lifting half of Byker if it took that law seriously.

Guest toonlass

Campbell can keep on eyeing as far as I am concerned. Why do we need another overpaid twat at the club in the Michael Owen mould?

I'm not really arsed either way tbh. I don't think he'd be on that much should we sign him, so another addition to the squad would have been decent, but hardly crucial.

Any word on Taylor's injury btw? If he's out for long we might need another CB, if not we're pretty well covered in that area with Perch, Simpson and Kadar all being back ups to Colo, Williamson and Taylor.