Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

I think Disco's highlighting the drastic over reactions regarding Simpson and the pointless and undeserved vitriol he is subject to on here.

:thup:

If only he was trying to get himself sent off like Debuchy...the horrible prick, doing an alright job. Scum.

What's your point?

If you hate Simpson for 'pointing the finger', you must loathe Debuchy for trying to pass himself out of our most important games of the last few years (but failing). Of course you don't though.

I find it pathetic the abuse he gets on here. We bought him for peanuts, he performed generally to a good degree and gets rinsed because he's not cool/good enough.

I don't subscribe to your deductive reasoning, in fact I think it's bollocks.

I'm not sure what Debuchy's got to do with it? He plays the same position I suppose, but I'll humour you. Him getting himself sent off is a big blot on his copy book, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though. If he does it again my opinion of him might change, if he's here for a few years and still doing it I'll probably 'loathe' him.

None of this changes the fact that Simpson's attitude is absolutely shite. Notice I haven't mentioned the ability of either player. Not cool enough? :lol: Grow up.

Gets the benefit of the dobut you wouldn't afford Simpson is why I brought him into it.

Does a shite attitude mean you come into the team when you're off and do a canny job? Or does it mean you slag the club off in the press? Or does it mean I don't like you because you're not as good now we're aiming for way more than we were when you bought you?

I wouldn't afford it to Simpson because he's been here for years and always had a shite attitude, he blames everyone else for his failings. Honestly man what's your point?

I've not mentioned his ability once in this exchange, I think you're barking up the wrong tree here :thup:

Fair dos.

Could you give me a load of examples from 09-11 since he's always had a shit attitude?

I should clarify, his attitude to applying himself isn't bad, it's him blaming others that does my head in. He's always done that.

Like many others has been the recipient of overzealous internet hatred. Have always said he'd be a more than competent back-up. As Disco has noted, he came to the club for very little and played a role in getting us back to a reasonable level.

Not particularly bothered that he's on his way, but good luck to him.

If anybody asks me for my everlasting memory of Danny Simpson at Newcastle I will instantly mention the time when away to Arsenal he gave Tiote a bollocking for placing a perfect pass towards him.

Mine will be from Coventry away in the Championship. Went to put a cross in with his right foot, kicked it out for a throw-in with his left. Summed up his ability on the ball.

Good luck to him. :thup:

A great buy at the time, seemed canny, and always put in a good shift for us.

Hopefully his leaving is a sign of progress though.

In what respect?

Christ on a bicycle. :lol:

As I say I have no big beef to grind with the lad, but wish that our deeming Simpson unworthy of an acceptable contract in his eyes suggests we believe he is not good enough for a first team spot (and its commensurate remuneration) and that we believe we have improved on him as an option at right back.

I hope that this is the case.

Fair enough. Not sure why it was such an odd question.

Right so, just a little surprised I needed to expand on it really.

I look forward to positing more in depth yet positive critiques on other contracts we decline to renew or cancel in the near future.

If we decide to let Pardew go for instance. I might hope it is a sign of intended progress. :lol:

Like many others has been the recipient of overzealous internet hatred. Have always said he'd be a more than competent back-up. As Disco has noted, he came to the club for very little and played a role in getting us back to a reasonable level.

How i feel and i'm sure he will do a good job for somebody.

My main memory of him is his goal line clearences at Man United last season when we drew 1 all.

Guest bimpy474

My main memory of him is his goal line clearences at Man United last season when we drew 1 all.

Mine is taking a throw in at Arsenal high up the pitch, knowing he was too injured to get back, then throwing it straight to them. For them to attack us where he couldn't get back to. Utterly brainless.

Am I alone in remembering the unbelievable pass that led to the assist for Cisse's goal at Benfica?

I know it was completely out of character for him, but also completely awesome.

Guest Roger Kint

Feel sorry for him, bet Tulisa fucks like an utter champion.

The evidence doesnt support that mind.

Guest Roger Kint

Fuck not suck.

The fact she is shite at one doesnt bode well at all for the rest of her performance. Would have thought it was obvious what i meant :lol:

Fuck not suck.

The fact she is shite at one doesnt bode well at all for the rest of her performance. Would have thought it was obvious what i meant :lol:

She is the Ryan Taylor of sex, one trick pony.