Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Pretended to be hurt and was stretchered off. One of the most cowardly things I've ever seen on a football field.

Got ya. I looked it up on .com and rather than pull out of a tackle, he simply lost the ball and then pretended to be injured. The mistake made a 1-0 2-0, so perhaps it didn't change the game.

Hughton's last game in charge, as it happened.

Got ya. I looked it up on .com and rather than pull out of a tackle, he simply lost the ball and then pretended to be injured. The mistake made a 1-0 2-0, so perhaps it didn't change the game.

Hughton's last game in charge, as it happened.

Guthrie kicked the ground and went down injured.

Think Guthrie will look a very good player under Adkins due to the style of football that he encourages his teams to play. He fell out with McDermott as he wanted Reading to play a direct game and Guthrie told him that he wasn't the type of player to do that.

Guthrie was fine when things were going well, but when things were tough he seemed to lose his head or hide (Fagan, WBA away spring to mind). He was struggling at Reading this season by all accounts so f*** knows what he'd have been like here this season.

Guthrie was fantastic for us last year and also in the Championship season, not just decent or good but fantastic. f*** knows what's happened at Reading but he could have done a job for us this year.

As I said, promotion season and last season, when we were doing well, he was fine. When we weren't doing well, he was a big contributing factor to why we struggled. I've no confidence whatsoever he's the sort of player we needed this year.

Guthrie was fine when things were going well, but when things were tough he seemed to lose his head or hide (Fagan, WBA away spring to mind). He was struggling at Reading this season by all accounts so f*** knows what he'd have been like here this season.

Guthrie was fantastic for us last year and also in the Championship season, not just decent or good but fantastic. f*** knows what's happened at Reading but he could have done a job for us this year.

As I said, promotion season and last season, when we were doing well, he was fine. When we weren't doing well, he was a big contributing factor to why we struggled. I've no confidence whatsoever he's the sort of player we needed this year.

Relegation season you're being harsh on him tbh, it was a shocker for all concerned and he was a young player coming into a chaotic situation. First season back up he barely played for whatever reason. Other seasons he was more than fine.

Tim Krul ‏@TimKrul 27m

Also today it's my good friend @dannysimpson final game for the toon. Saved me a few times over the last 4 years. Good luck matey #new-ars

Tim Krul ‏@TimKrul 27m

Also today it's my good friend @dannysimpson final game for the toon. Saved me a few times over the last 4 years. Good luck matey #new-ars

Ah, those goalline clearances.

Tim Krul ‏@TimKrul 27m

Ah, those goalline clearances.

Like the Bellamy free-kick. Oh, hang on.

Good luck to him. :thup:

A great buy at the time, seemed canny, and always put in a good shift for us.

Hopefully his leaving is a sign of progress though.

In what respect?

In what respect?

6th bottom will be progress

In what respect?

We deem him insufficient of course.

If anybody asks me for my everlasting memory of Danny Simpson at Newcastle I will instantly mention the time when away to Arsenal he gave Tiote a bollocking for placing a perfect pass towards him.

In what respect?

We deem him insufficient of course.

Well his replacement has been here since January and we've barely progressed at all.

There's literally no point buying these supposedly superior players when the manager can't use them.