Will Barton's return lead to better football?

TRon

Barton is a decent player. I'd probably go as far as saying he's our best central midfield, but I think Guthrie is maturing well. Do I think his return will lead to better football? Well, no it won't. He was playing earlier in the season, and the football wasn't much better than it is now despite the better results.

Was carrying an injury tbf but his performances were fairly shit for what he has shown in his career. He was once an energetic player, we are desperate for that in central midfield atm.

Barton is a decent player. I'd probably go as far as saying he's our best central midfield, but I think Guthrie is maturing well. Do I think his return will lead to better football? Well, no it won't. He was playing earlier in the season, and the football wasn't much better than it is now despite the better results.

Was carrying an injury tbf but his performances were fairly shit for what he has shown in his career. He was once an energetic player, we are desperate for that in central midfield atm.

:sadnod:

hughton has fallen for the old school thinking that a defensive midfielder is essential. he'll always play butt or smith. the likes of venison, rob lee, bracewell, speed and even batty were so much more yet could still help out at the back when required.

Don't know if that's old school, the holding midfielder is trendier than ever at the moment.

Even if he only comes back for the last 12 or so games, I can see that giving the team a significant lift. The pressure on the team will be immense in the final run in, and one thing I'll say for Joey is he's never afraid to take responsibility and try to make things happen. He won't go into his shell. In that sense, he's a real leader and we'll need that kind of character.

Guest Roger Kint

No. Bartons return will lead to more bookings and sendings off and a lack of stability in our line-up.

He has 6 yellows and 1 red for us in about 40 games. By that logic are you going to leave Smith, Guthrie and Nolan out too as all have seen red in that time?

He has never shown the form here he had at Man City, 20 yard rockets, crisp passing, defence splitting passes, we have seen non of ot.

He has shown it tbh. Under Keegan and there were also glimpses of his class last season vs. WBA and Villa.

Joey will always be rushed back and injured again within 5 games or so.

He's shown glimpses of his potential here, but I wouldn't say he's looked anywhere near as good as he did at Man City at times.

Can't be arsed?

If all of our players cared as much as Barton we probably wouldn't have been relegated last season.

Haven't even heard a squeek from him since he got injured at the start of the season. That may be a good thing. But even before that I saw no evidence of him giving a shit. Although apparently no-one remembers this.