Patrick Van Aanholt from Chelsea signs on one-month loan

gray

I've seen him play once, on his debut for Coventry.

Can remember him impressing. Pretty quick and very much an attacking full back - I do remember him being caught out very poorly defensively at one stage though.

Anyway, Cov fans seemed to like him alot, hopefully he can be an able deputy to Enrique!

Don't get too excited with Ashley showing some common sense, he's just doing the minimum to make sure he gets a maximum return on his investment when we go up.

credit where credit is due, he is backing his manager clearly. clearly it is to make sure we go back up, whatever his reasons for doing so, im  not overally bothered as long as we get there.

I agree, it's just some people seem to be thinking of Ashley in a slightly positive light.

so what?

He doesn't deserve to be thought of like that.

if he continues to do the correct things, then credit has to be given.

No it doesn't, he's doing it purely for himself.

Don't get too excited with Ashley showing some common sense, he's just doing the minimum to make sure he gets a maximum return on his investment when we go up.

credit where credit is due, he is backing his manager clearly. clearly it is to make sure we go back up, whatever his reasons for doing so, im  not overally bothered as long as we get there.

I agree, it's just some people seem to be thinking of Ashley in a slightly positive light.

so what?

Cynic

so what?

who cares as long as he's doing it.

I'm from Coventry,and I didn't realise he was that good tbh.They slagged him when he was here for being weak defensively..but superb going forward.

In that case he might even be able to cover on the left wing in an emergency.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Did well! Definately one of our better performers although thats like saying Osama is a nicer chap than Adolf and Saddam!

Guest Stephen927

Van Aanholts performance tonight just underlined really what a fantastic full back Jose Enrique is.

Think Van Aanholt will end up as a winger later in his career. Certainly looked suspect defensively.

Half expected that to be the case from what Coventry fans have been saying on their forum. Good going forward, his two efforts from range were well struck and he supported his winger well.. defensively I didn't feel comfortable watching him at all.

On a months loan though, he didn't drop any clangers and will have been relatively cheap to bring in at short notice too, I'm assuming.

When he gets back to Chelsea, he needs to hang on every bit of advice Ashley Cole might give him.

Van Aanholts performance tonight just underlined really what a fantastic full back Jose Enrique is.

I can remember plenty slating Enrique early in his career here but for anyone who can spot ability it was clear he had something about him. This lad looks the same, I reckon he might go on to be a very good full back, but he probably needs to play in a team that plays football to look his best. There were times today when he overlapped very well and got in behind the opposition but the ball never reached him because the midfielder in possession lost the ball.

Guest Heneage

Enrique is a prime example of foreign players need time to adjust and settle in a new league and country. Van Aanholt looks a capable deputy.

Guest Heneage

Enrique is a prime example of foreign players need time to adjust and settle in a new league and country. Van Aanholt looks a capable deputy.

Enrique never looked bad to me though.

He wasn't bad, but he was shakey at times. I was a fan of his and said he needed time. I hate to keep singling him out because I know it wasn't just him, but Otter and the like were wanting to sell him which was crazy.

I'd quite fancy this Van Aanholt for a back up.

He wasn't bad, but he was shakey at times. I was a fan of his and said he needed time. I hate to keep singling him out because I know it wasn't just him, but Otter and the like were wanting to sell him which was crazy.

No chance he'd come here permanently just to play second fiddle to Enrique. You can see he has a bit of an attitude on him.

No chance he'd come here permanently just to play second fiddle to Enrique. You can see he has a bit of an attitude on him.

perhaps not but certainly an extended loan would do no harm and give some competition for enrique