Twitter

Thespence

:thup:

Don't ever like the idea of any club going down the tubes completely.

I do, it never happens sadly, they just get reinvented, IF a club really did "go down the tubes" it may stop the ridiculous over spending throughout the game. Then and only then will the fans who turn up be important again.

I do, it never happens sadly, they just get reinvented, IF a club really did "go down the tubes" it may stop the ridiculous over spending throughout the game. Then and only then will the fans who turn up be important again.

They are obviously spending beyond their means but how the hell are they doing it?

The last big signing I can remember was Anelka for £8m and that was about 8 years ago!

I don't think it would. The only way guaranteed to stop over spending is better regulation of clubs by the FA, salary caps etc.

I've wished for their demise after their ticket office messed me around for a few hours a couple of Christmas's ago making me miss the start of the game... I remember gleefully skipping out the ground after beating them 0-2 still to this day :lol: It's been downhill for them ever since... :lol:

Guest bimpy474

You only get in that kind of mess if the chairman lets you, clear to see why Gartside wanted relegation removed from the premiership. Total wanker with a massive ego who is ruining that club.

They are obviously spending beyond their means but how the hell are they doing it?

The last big signing I can remember was Anelka for £8m and that was about 8 years ago!

Transfer fees maybe but god knows what ridiculous wages they were on with Allardyce for all those years and after he went.

Transfer fees maybe but god knows what ridiculous wages they were on with Allardyce for all those years and after he went.

Think of some of the players they've had over the years - Okocha and Djorkaeff and Hierro and Anelka - they'd be on squillions. The first three were free (or close enough to it), but they would be on mega-wages...

could it not be just a standard debt thing ? you can afford a certain lifestyle in debt till your circumstances change , you can survive for a while like that but after a bit you struggle to be able to finance the debt and then the debt mounts up and it's just a spiral unless you can increase your income.

Was it not Bolton who absolutely hate us on their forums, I'm sure it is

Probably, forums of all teams hate all other teams apart from Euro clubs of the moment and Fulham as a rule of thumb.