NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest magpie99

The team this year is probably quicker and more creative than last season but it is not much point being so creative if we dont have the forwards to convert chances. Shola and Lovenkrands and Ranger are chamionship level at best and Best is not a forward who will get us 10 goals a season. Ba will be away at the ANC at a crucial time of the season and I have little confidence in the other forwards mentioned above.

Defensively, even with Enrique, we are desperately short of numbers and quality. Unless Ashley digs deep now and does a few  shrewd deals, I think we will struggle next season and I can see the likles of Vuckic and Abeid getting more game time than the likes of Raylor and Guthrie. Sammy Ameobi-------------I am not sure about as the little I have seen of him shows he runs around like a headless chicken.

We will probably not get much more than 20 games this season out of HBA and Marveaux due to injuries.

Best would easily manage 10 league goals with an extended run in the team.

:thup:

I'd agree.. Best would probably give you a 10-15 return if you played him all season and if he stayed injury free.

Not enough for our main striker but enough to be a sub until we get someone better.

if we want to reach europe our main striker has to score 15+

Unless our midfield pop up with 10+ goals each  (not impossible for arfa and cabaye)

we need at least 2 strikers to score more than 12, as well as the midfield scoring min 25.

Otherwise we will require a 20+ striker.

if non of that happens its a 12th place finish again. (and a bumpy ride)

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Problem is I see Best as behind Shola in the pecking order. And obviously Ba and the new guy if we actually get one. And Ben Arfa if he stays fit and plays in behind.

Yeah. Those comments about finding a small striker to go with 'Ba or Ameobi' are pretty worrying.

Problem is I see Best as behind Shola in the pecking order. And obviously Ba and the new guy if we actually get one. And Ben Arfa if he stays fit and plays in behind.

No worries..Shola will probably pick up an injury soon..

Guest Antec

Two weeks on, three weeks off. AKA the Ameobi shift pattern

Best would easily manage 10 league goals with an extended run in the team.

Aye, his run last season until he got injured was decent enough like. I'd trust Best more than Shola.

Two weeks on, three weeks off. AKA the Ameobi shift pattern

:lol:

He is enigmatic all right..

Guest magpie99

Best's injury record last season was worse than Shola's so if it continued that way, there is no way he would reach double figures.