The Liverpool Thread

Parky

There's no groundwork done with very little potential tied up in big wages and huge transfer fees, the club is in the biggest mess it's been for decades, I can't think of anyone good enough to sort it out and want to do it at the same time.

Keegan if A: he'd last more than the first hurdle of change, B: would accept he's not in charge of the whole club, and C: is willing to commit himself for 5 years and put the club ahead of his own needs...would be good appointment for where they are at now, then maybe once he's done the club could look forward to a world class manager.

although carr isn't a DoF his influence is as massive at NUFC now and he's a great example of how it can work in the english game imo....he's the man when it comes to identifying what the manager wants but he doesn't seem to dictate anything to the manager as pardew is clearly in charge of 1st team affairs

a large part of that will be down ego and the fact carr isn't a massive name and wasn't a massive manager - having 2 people like AVB & van Gaal is just a recipe for disaster, it'll come to a head eventually if that's the route the go down

over here the manager still holds all the cards, if the DoF or whatever it's called is a challenge to that in any way it'll fail imo

Pretty convinced now that the sacking of Dalglish was not planned. I reckon something went down, and they just had to fire the King.

Imagine he asked for another huge transfer pot with a back me or sack me ultimatum.

"Look, there are these two guys... I want to spend £30m each on them, Gareth Barry and Scott Parker.. they create chances for fun, I'm telling you!"

Pretty convinced now that the sacking of Dalglish was not planned. I reckon something went down, and they just had to fire the King.

Imagine he asked for another huge transfer pot with a back me or sack me ultimatum.

"I need this, this and this in order to succeed. Either you give me this or I'm out of here."

"Hey, Kenny. Let's be clear here."

"Yes?"

"You're fired. :memelol:"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/22/louis-van-gaal-liverpool

i honestly don't think any of this is going to end well for liverpool...they're going to have to have a massive slice of incredible luck to pick a manager that will make this shambles work imo

"whoever is chosen will, it seems, have to accept working with Van Gaal,"

Surely they can't be that stupid, they're having enough difficulty finding a manager as it is without making a decision on a DoF first and excluding anyone who doesn't want LVG as their DoF or even a DoF in the first place.

Guest neesy111

Van Gaal will be a disaster in a DoF role, no manager will want to work underneath such a position.

Isn't Van Gaal quite a difficult person to deal with?  Would imagine that he would prefer to be more hands on i.e. the manager rather than a DoF and that would cause conflict with the coach.

van Gaal is right up his own arse and full of his own self-importance. Giving him an upstairs job will hopefully undermine whichever poor sap they stick in the dugout.

Guest Phil K

You should read the thread they have on the reasons why the new manager should join the club. f***ing la la land.

They really, REALLY believe they are the "biggest club in the world" and any - ANY mark you - manager will crawl over broken glass and take a paycut to join them.

Well, the Swansea boss blew that out the water, and rumour has it Martinez has told them where to stick it - but still they delude themselves. Dinosaur fans and club

Van Gaal will be a disaster in a DoF role, no manager will want to work underneath such a position.

Yeah. Farts a lot I hear.

Thread about TLW:

Just today I read two posts referencing the Liverpool Way; One said the club should follow the Liverpool way and keep things behind closed doors while another said the club should follow the Liverpool way and respect supporter by informing them on what is going on with the club.  To me these two points seem at odds with one another.

So I am kind of struggling to truly understand what the Liverpool way is.  Maybe what I think it is is not truly what it is.  So I was hoping to hear from other supporters

truly :lol:

Even my friend who is a Liverpool supporter mentioned this to me. He's pretty much fed up with the entire fanbase.

I would imagine the Liverpool Way (lol, fags) would be to keep things 'behind closed doors'. After all Kenny was the master of doing that, or maybe it was because he was too busy abusing interviewers and journo's at interviews and press conferences to actually answer any questions put to him about what was going on at Lolerpool.

Please don't stop short at talking to Rafa, employ Rafa and give him loads of money to spend, it would be f***ing hilarious.

Your message was sent successfully. Thanks.

Cool, thanks.

My two penneth on the matter

Dear Mr Henry:

You'll never walk alone, the liverpool way, steve jeraahd jeraahd, can poss it for forteen yaahds, is also well aahd well aahd. I also think that famous European nights and the Liverbird are quite fit like. Please sign Raffle Benito. We, LFC, love him to bits like, and we have history, chelsea got no history. 18 leagues baby woo. Clap clap clap clap clap Dalglish!

Your message was sent successfully. Thanks.