Dan Gosling

Dave

Guest malandro

The thing that pleases me most about this transfer is that he turned down the mackems for us,it nices to see a player to think that we are still the bigger club

You don’t know that. It could be that NUFC were the only club who agreed to pay compo if Everton win their appeal, which would have severely limited Gosling’s options in the short term.

How much did we get for Edgar?

Good question, can't remember ever hearing anything.

From Clarets Mad

''How long for who knows? As far as transfer fees Edgar's value is in the region of 2m NOT 350k or so. We signed him on a free as he was out of contract, the fee of 350k wasnt a transfer fee as such it was compensation because Edgar had come up through the ranks at Newcastle and because he was under 24."

Not a good move for Newcastle, Gosling or Everton.

He's injured with a bad knee injury and even if he manages to come back as good as before, he'll struggle for form this season. Newcastle fans are an unforgiving bunch, and as soon as he's fit, he'll be expected to slot right into the team straight away, and when he doesn't he'll be written off as shite.

Not a good move for Newcastle, Gosling or Everton.

He's injured with a bad knee injury and even if he manages to come back as good as before, he'll struggle for form this season. Newcastle fans are an unforgiving bunch, and as soon as he's fit, he'll be expected to slot right into the team straight away, and when he doesn't he'll be written off as s****.

Is the glass half empty on your end too?

The Everton appeal will make no difference, surely? It's all about a fee, not as if their appeal will get him to sign a new deal there.

I do realise that Dave or someone will have already made this point btw.

Im fairly pleased with this. I dont think he's good enough to start in the first team however he's only 20 and definitely one for the future.

Lets just hope he's not a crock.

That could imply you think our first team is better than that of Everton.

Clearly not the case though.  :lol:

He was used relatively sparingly for Everton last season and I'm not sure he's any better than Guthrie or Barton at the minute, mind admittedly I haven't seen much of him but i've got a mate who supports Everton that seems to think the same.

Let's hope that Smith has the odd decent game when he plays in the first half of the season (hopefully not too frequently) and that Allardyce is stupid enough to buy him in January. Then Gosling can actually compete with Nolan, Guthrie and Barton (and Vuckic, or any new signings) for the central midfield spots.

Let's hope that Smith has the odd decent game when he plays in the first half of the season (hopefully not too frequently) and that Allardyce is stupid enough to buy him in January. Then Gosling can actually compete with Nolan, Guthrie and Barton (and Vuckic, or any new signings) for the central midfield spots.

First I'm going to hope he fucks off before the summer transfer window closes.

First I'm going to hope he f***s off before the summer transfer window closes.

:sadnod:

Most of the people complaining that he isn't good enough, will then complain about the club missing out of him if he goes elsewhere.

Not saying he isn't good enough, just we'd have to wait until 2011/2012 to actually get him in form. If we are patient. And if we are still in the top division.