Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

He was pretty good but this is the exact sort of game he's usually decent in. I'd keep him until the Summer, tbh, he's a useful player to have around while others bed in.

It won't happen but this. Quite a risk depending in Saivet to come in and perform straight away, or even worse, having to rely on one of the chuckle brothers.

Had the type of game he's capable of where he dominates midfield. He battered them at times. Best when asked to play simple. He will hump the little chinese kids

It will be pretty funny to see some of the chinese boys get absolutely smashed :)

He was pretty good but this is the exact sort of game he's usually decent in. I'd keep him until the Summer, tbh, he's a useful player to have around while others bed in.

It won't happen but this. Quite a risk depending in Saivet to come in and perform straight away, or even worse, having to rely on one of the chuckle brothers.

Aye seems an unnecessary risk to let him go

Tbh I dont think we should really be selling him in our position atm, 8 million if we're sat mid table I'd snap your hand off but to potentially have Anita/Colback sitting in front of the defence for us for the rest of the season when in fact we could of had Tiote there just seems stupid.

Kind of sucks that we sell Tiote as soon as he seems like a decently usable player today. But all good, Saivet needs to step in and be the DM now.

the lad has virtually been injured for a year so would have been hard to sell him earlier  :-)

Just watched the youtube video that's banned from being posted of him against Man u 4 years ago. Got all nostalgic about how imposing and Mohawky he was. Also how we're -3 goals against on that time.

Some quality defensive work. Still a mare when attempting to hit it over 5 yards, but overall a canny performance.

He hit a lot of long passes very successfully if you actually watched the game.

Just got back from the match. Untwist your knickers, soft tart.

When I say piss off it's not necessarily]y directed at you btw.

One of the main reasons we are in the position we are is due to an incredibly light squad that is devoid of depth and competition.

Personally I would keep him until the summer.  No guarantee that either of the new players will hit the ground running.  We need cover and I would sooner have him in the squad than Colback right now.

Was absolutely class for his first 12-18 months.  I remember his debut at Everton and being beaten to the MOTM award by HBA.

Somewhere along the line.  He started getting constant injuries, he looked to have put a bit of timber on and his form nosedived.  Teams figured out his little pirouette routine and he stopped playing so disciplined.  I mean positionally, of course.  He'll never learn to not pick up cheap cards and I can kind of accept a lot of them, due to the position he plays.

He's almost always looked good against the bigger teams, TBF.  Suits his game and you realise how important he is.  In home games against 'lesser' sides, he often tried to overplay and he was completely redundant.  May have been something to do with Pardew wanting him to be 'our Michael Essien'  :rolleyes: :idiot2:

I wouldn't be against keeping him, if he wasn't in and out the team with injuries and if it wasn't for the fact we've just signed two centre mids.  In an ideal world, Colback and Anita would be gone before him, but that won't happen.  For a start, someone would actually need to be interested in buying them. 

It looks like it's farewell, Cheiky.  That Arsenal goal  :smitten:

Jesus I forgot about that Essien comment.

He was colossal last night though. That's exactly the sort of dominant defensive displayed we've lacked in the centre of the pitch. If Shelvey could replicate the form he's showed in the past those two could have made an impressive partnership.

I'll be sorry to see him go despite two poor seasons.

One of the main reasons we are in the position we are is due to an incredibly light squad that is devoid of depth and competition.

Personally I would keep him until the summer.  No guarantee that either of the new players will hit the ground running.  We need cover and I would sooner have him in the squad than Colback right now.

Very true. Colback clearly isn't going anywhere though.

Never hit the heights we all thought he might, but personally, I'll always have fond memories of him for the goal against Arsenal and his debut at Goodison.

Would I rather we kept him until the summer? Yes

Am I gutted to see him leave? No

Was absolutely class for his first 12-18 months.  I remember his debut at Everton and being beaten to the MOTM award by HBA.

Somewhere along the line.  He started getting constant injuries, he looked to have put a bit of timber on and his form nosedived.  Teams figured out his little pirouette routine and he stopped playing so disciplined.  I mean positionally, of course.  He'll never learn to not pick up cheap cards and I can kind of accept a lot of them, due to the position he plays.

He's almost always looked good against the bigger teams, TBF.  Suits his game and you realise how important he is.  In home games against 'lesser' sides, he often tried to overplay and he was completely redundant.  May have been something to do with Pardew wanting him to be 'our Michael Essien'  :rolleyes: :idiot2:

I wouldn't be against keeping him, if he wasn't in and out the team with injuries and if it wasn't for the fact we've just signed two centre mids.  In an ideal world, Colback and Anita would be gone before him, but that won't happen.  For a start, someone would actually need to be interested in buying them. 

It looks like it's farewell, Cheiky.  That Arsenal goal  :smitten:

Agree. Good post.

He was colossal last night though. That's exactly the sort of dominant defensive displayed we've lacked in the centre of the pitch. If Shelvey could replicate the form he's showed in the past those two could have made an impressive partnership.

Two poor seasons? More like four.

Shit footballer who was made to look a lot better as a DM by his godawful predecessors Smith, Butt etc.

Two poor seasons? More like four.

Shit footballer who was made to look a lot better as a DM by his godawful predecessors Smith, Butt etc.

:thup: