Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Didn't he wear number 9 at the world cup? I know it's hardly set in stone but it seems weird giving that number to a defensive midfielder.

People like Boularouze had number 10 (or 9?  :lol:) once. (Was it at Chelsea?)

And I remember Jens Lehmann (yes, the goalkeeper) taking Nr. 9 in a qualifying campaign for Germany as he was still number 2 but refused to take number 12 as usually the second choice goalkeeper would do.  :lol:

Didn't he wear number 9 at the world cup? I know it's hardly set in stone but it seems weird giving that number to a defensive midfielder.

And I remember Jens Lehmann (yes, the goalkeeper) taking Nr. 9 in a qualifying campaign for Germany as he was still number 2 but refused to take number 12 as usually the second choice goalkeeper would do.  :lol:

and famously ardiles wore no.1 in '78 (argentina squad was done alphabetically)

I must out-anorak you here and point out that it was no 2.

I must out-anorak you here and point out that it was no 2.

He wore Number 1 in 1982.

He's not bad like. Hardly easy circumstances coming in against a good team like Everton but took to it like the proverbial duck to water. Cult hero on our hands here if he keeps that up. Composed, moves the ball, quick on his feet and seems to have a brain on him as well (reads the game and takes up good positions.)

Was not expecting him to be that adept in so many areas.