Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

TBF I'm sure lots of players do this sort of thing. Any excuse made to knock the fella as usual...

That's my point - standard Brit abroad behaviour :lol: I'd love if a player or manager went abroad, learned the language, got into the culture etc. Instead of flying sausage and mash out on a chartered flight and speaking with a weird, Dutch accent (McClaren).

More a general viewpoint than one aimed at ol' shithead shola.

I'm sure lots of players probably do that when they come here too. Simply because our food is shit. It's got nowt to do with the Brit' thing.

I can see why you feel that way like, but he's not alone and it isn't just 'us'.

Bit stupid to be discussing this at such great length, given that we don't really know any of the facts, but anyway - :)

I think however much you embrace a new culture, you are always going to hold on to something from your home (especially in the early stages).  If in 6 months time, Shola has only eaten beans on toast and sausages then fair enough... criticism is perfectly justified!

Turkish is my favourite cuisine I reckon, gorgeous stuff. Can't see how anyone could struggle with it.

Other way round for me - probably, along with North African food, my least favourite type of cuisine to be honest.  Maybe that's why I am standing up for Shola!

TBF I'm sure lots of players do this sort of thing. Any excuse made to knock the fella as usual...

That's my point - standard Brit abroad behaviour :lol: I'd love if a player or manager went abroad, learned the language, got into the culture etc. Instead of flying sausage and mash out on a chartered flight and speaking with a weird, Dutch accent (McClaren).

I'm sure lots of players probably do that when they come here too. Simply because our food is s***. It's got nowt to do with the Brit' thing.

I can see why you feel that way like, but he's not alone and it isn't just 'us'.

Yeah fair enough :thup: "when in Rome..." is sort of my life motto and I can't understand it when people insist on recreating their home life in a different place.

Pitta's not the best bread for it IMO, there's that other softer one that's made for soaking stuff up. Slightly off topic.

Yeah that's the one I'm thinking of but can't remember the name.

Entered the Shola thread and exited wanting a kebab - strangely apt.

I'm sure lots of players probably do that when they come here too. Simply because our food is s***. It's got nowt to do with the Brit' thing.

Yeah fair enough :thup: "when in Rome..." is sort of my life motto and I can't understand it when people insist on recreating their home life in a different place.

:thup:

Pitta's not the best bread for it IMO, there's that other softer one that's made for soaking stuff up. Slightly off topic.

Yeah that's the one I'm thinking of but can't remember the name.

Entered the Shola thread and exited wanting a kebab - strangely apt.

Who likes that sweet dark onion stuff they give you for the bread? Howay the turks.

So people having food made and sent over by plane is a pretty standard thing then?! I never knew  :lol:

Seems really wussy to me. How old is Shola? So the guy calls up his parents and tells them what to make and send over by plane. Come on now ... needs to man up. It's embarrassing.

Get out to the shops and find ingredients for the foods you like, and get to cooking.

I know of Poles and Italians who get food sent over here from home. Not everything, but just a few ingredients and what-not.

A polish mate of mine went back to Warsaw for the weekend and came back with about 5 kilos of Polish sausage in his suitcase.

Apparently the stuff you get here just isn't the same.

I know of Poles and Italians who get food sent over here from home. Not everything, but just a few ingredients and what-not.

A polish mate of mine went back to Warsaw for the weekend and came back with about 5 kilos of Polish sausage in his suitcase.

That's a bit different than having cooked meals sent over, which appears to be what the big man is doing  :lol:

That's a bit different than having cooked meals sent over, which appears to be what the big man is doing  :lol:

Yeah, there is a world of difference to be fair. Surely it'd be cheaper and fresher to just hire a chef? If there aren't any, hire one from here and fly them out there. 

Guest firetotheworks

It's more that it's Turkey than anything. Turkish food isn't that far removed from English food really and it's fucking lush as well. He really is a stupid idiot.