Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

The goalkeeping on the 2nd was literally playground standard, and we're talking 11 year old. What gets me though is how they manage to lure a talent like Shola when there 12 paying customers in the ground, you could probably count them.

They have a huge ground (do they share it?) but there's hardly anyone there.

Watching that video does make you wonder about the story behind why Shola is playing there. Did he have a nice holiday in Turkey and decided to play there? I can't believe he didn't have any better offers.

Guest firetotheworks

Now that I can view him without being a terrible footballer for us, I can be happy for him, he's a lovely bloke.

Ha ha what is the keeper doing for his second goal?  It reminds me of several sunday mornings when the keeper has been distracted by his mates or having a crafty smoke and is consequently nowhere near the ball.  Brilliant

He must have wanted to move to Turkey and just found the nearest team to where he was staying.

As much as he's a joke of a footballer, you don't go from playing in the premier league and the world cup to the Turkish 2nd division in one summer.

Saw on the news today that IS are now in control of much of the Syria-Turkey border. Gazientep is very near said border.

Worried for wor Shola. Seriously what was his agent doing sending him to a war zone?!

Saw on the news today that IS are now in control of much of the Syria-Turkey border. Gazientep is very near said border.

Worried for wor Shola. Seriously what was his agent doing sending him to a war zone?!

He's back in NE for a wedding on Friday, anyway.