Alan Pardew

JH

Guest BooBoo

I'm pretty sure that Arsenal are better than what they showed yesterday. I'm not sure the same can be said about us.

We had a right footer playing at left back, two lads making debuts, a midfield which had never played together (and was split across three continents in pre-season) and a CB partnership that hasn't played together for an extended period of time for ages.  We've still got new signings who haven't played yet, with more likely to come and still have Ben Arfa to come back.

But you don't think we'll improve?

Otter, I think what we saw yesterday was largely due to a crappy pre-season. We sold Enrique without a replacment, said to be coming in this week. This meant we were vulnarable at left back and Jonas has developed no understanding with said left back yet. It's the first time Tiote and Cabaye have played together in the middle of the park meanning they're no where near close to developing an understanding, hence both constantly dropping deep.. As well as this Ba looked completely short of match practice.

This led to a dis-jointed display where we struggled to link up particularly well. I think we'll improve given time but it just goes to show how important game time is in pre-season.

Guest BooBoo

Otter, I think what we saw yesterday was largely due to a crappy pre-season. We sold Enrique without a replacment, said to be coming in this week. This meant we were vulnarable at left back and Jonas has developed no understanding with said left back yet. It's the first time Tiote and Cabaye have played together in the middle of the park meanning they're no where near close to developing an understanding, hence both constantly dropping deep.. As well as this Ba looked completely short of match practice.

This led to a dis-jointed display where we struggled to link up particularly well. I think we'll improve given time but it just goes to show how important game time is in pre-season.

Hopefully.  :thup:

I think yesterday we reaped the rewards of a shambles of a pre season. What annoyed me was that one of the few positives of the pre season was Vuckic and he was nowhere to be seen.

Think our play will change dramatically when Marveuax comes in as he will hopefully give an end product and open up our play bringing our forwards in more ,early days but not much change on last season playing style wise but that will change hopefully .

Think our play will change dramatically when Marveuax comes in as he will hopefully give an end product and open up our play bringing our forwards in more ,early days but not much change on last season playing style wise but that will change hopefully .

If.

I think yesterday we reaped the rewards of a shambles of a pre season. What annoyed me was that one of the few positives of the pre season was Vuckic and he was nowhere to be seen.

It annoys me that Vukic isn't more invloved tbh. Even in the Carling Cup game against Arsenal last year he looked one of our best players on the day yet he constantly gets overlooked despite being one of the few players in the current squad with a eye for goal.

It annoys me that Vukic isn't more invloved tbh. Even in the Carling Cup game against Arsenal last year he looked one of our best players on the day yet he constantly gets overlooked despite being one of the few players in the current squad with a eye for goal.

Bit worrying that he is overlooked when he had a really good pre season and scored goals and yet yesterday nowt when he could have made an impact .

Bit worrying that he is overlooked when he had a really good pre season and scored goals and yet yesterday nowt when he could have made an impact .

Not even having him on the bench was a staggering decision tbh.

Guest BooBoo

Especially given that Lovenkrands was tediously and pointlessly called upon, despite having nowt to offer in such a game.

Maybe Pardew will be more comfortable picking and playing Vuckic and Sammy against non top 4 teams? Fergie fielded a few of his kids against West Brom. Will he do the same against the top 6 teams? Too many judgements are being made on one game against one of the best passing teams in the world.

Especially given that Lovenkrands was tediously and pointlessly called upon, despite having nowt to offer in such a game.

He's got nothing to offer us full stop imo. The fact he's still getting a game despite younger players (thinking Vuckic) impressing in pre-season is disgraceful. Cut the strings and let him go ffs. We've got some players with the potential to be much better than Lovenkrands has ever been but can't get a place in the matchday squad because of him*.

*Not his fault he gets picked. 

Got to say, the Vuckic thing was pretty scandalous. Weren't we trying to flog Lovenkrands but a few days ago? Wtf does that say to the lad (who scored three in pre-season and put his absolute heart and soul into every minute he was on the pitch)? Yesterday would be enough to disillusion me tbh. Seriously hope it doesn't happen next week because he's an infinitely better option than Lovenkrands.

Guest BooBoo

Got to say, the Vuckic thing was pretty scandalous. Weren't we trying to flog Lovenkrands but a few days ago? Wtf does that say to the lad (who scored three in pre-season and put his absolute heart and soul into every minute he was on the pitch)? Yesterday would be enough to disillusion me tbh. Seriously hope it doesn't happen next week because he's an infinitely better option than Lovenkrands.

At the very least, Vuckic should have been ahead of both Lovenkrands and Sammy on the bench.

I'm going to give Pardew a few games to see how things settle down before having a go at his selection and tactics.  Once we see that players are not doing it on the pitch and still getting picked then I'll slag him off, of course it might not happen.

I'm going to give Pardew a few games to see how things settle down before having a go at his selection and tactics.  Once we see that players are not doing it on the pitch and still getting picked then I'll slag him off, of course it might not happen.

i'm willing to concede on tactics, there were mitigation's for playing the way we did you might argue (i wouldn't but i can understand the viewpoint)

as regards giving him slack on team selection fuck that, he's the manager and has had the entire pre-season to judge his players plus last year so if he thinks:

(a) shola should be on the pitch

(b) loven should be anywhere near the squad

© vuckic doesn't deserve a place on the bench

(d) his own signing obertan wasn't a better option than shola in terms of ability, fitness and options

then he needs calling out on it man, it's the basics of his job - he needs to get it right