Alan Pardew

JH

In the last 450 minutes of football we've conceded just one goal - the calamitous mix up between Williamson and Krul at West Brom. Top stuff, that.

We've scored ten in the same period. Pards: :clap:

Very impressive indeed.

not that impressive, we haven't played anyone yet.

Good point, when we keep a clean sheet against Everton at Goodison then we know we are doing something right.

Until then though its just a fluke.

even then, who've we played really ?

Everyone in the league home and away  :razz:

In the last 450 minutes of football we've conceded just one goal - the calamitous mix up between Williamson and Krul at West Brom. Top stuff, that.

All credit to Perch, Williamson and of course the rest of the back 5 as well as all the other "squad" players who have stepped up and performed so well when required.

The manager has to take huge credit for making these players believe in themselves and getting the very best out of them.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyway our good form is clearly down to the arrival of my son - 5 straight wins since his birth.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think Ferguson has changed our last two games and he should be starting to get a lot more game time. Glad Pardew is starting to play him more.

Aye, done well when he's came on. He's positive and direct, he's looking to carry the ball forward, or pass the ball. Reason he hasn't played as much as he's had little injuries. I don't want to call them 'child' injuries, but they have been the kind that seem weak. Little knocks here and there.

He is a talent though and its great to see him getting first team action. I think once the team realise he has the ability to beat a player and get a pass away they'll start gaining a bit of confidence in his play and support him off the ball more. At the moment whenever he's came on they've generally seemed a little uncertain of what he'll do (can only really remember Cabaye linking plays with him yesterday)

Played a little further forward for the U18s, so I can understand people thinking he looks a little unsure where and how to press in the middle of the park.

:facepalm: @ everything I've posted in this thread.

Absolutely cringing at some of the stuff I've posted in this thread :facepalm:

As i said in another thread, the fans should be be singing for the immediate sacking/resignation of Pardew in his first game if he is appointed.

:lol: Sorry Pards. :blush:

Very impressive indeed.

not that impressive, we haven't played anyone yet.

Good point, when we keep a clean sheet against Everton at Goodison then we know we are doing something right.

Until then though its just a fluke.

even then, who've we played really ?

Stop being such a WUM !

We beat Norwhich - Who just beat Spurs

We beat Liverpool - Who beat Arsenal, Chelsea

We beat West Brom - Who beat Chelsea

We beat Swansea - Who beat Man City

We beat Bolton - Who beat Liverpool

Wherever we end up this year well done pardew. He's not without faults but what has really impressed me is:

Not falling out with players ( should be a given but take note souness and keegan)

Making players earn a place on the pitch.  Players know if they earn it and do well they keep it.  Taylor, perch, Simpson all playing above themselves due to this.

His control of Ben arfa. Again he made him earn his place on the pitch.  Look what we have now.

Not allowing a negativity to take over when decisions/player loss went against us.  How we performed during the African nations and when players picked up knocks has been outstanding.

Carroll out cisse in. I was gutted when Carroll left even at 35 million.  Over the moon now!  Not convinced how much of these were him mind.

Keeping control of his strop when we did not get a striker in the summer.

Thank you pardew for allowing us to enjoy our football again and put all the protest/negativity/ownership issues behind us.

Guest BooBoo

A small "He shags who he wants" started near me in the Gallowgate yesterday :lol:

Pards strikes me as a man who indulges in at least two heavy lovemaking sessions a day. Three on a Sunday.

Guest BooBoo

Anyway our good form is clearly down to the arrival of my son - 5 straight wins since his birth.

How's young Alan doing?

:spit:

How's young Alan doing?

And more importantly does he look like his dad  :pardsgrin:

How's young Alan doing?

And more importantly does he look like his dad  :pardsgrin:

:lol: :lol:

In regards to HBA, all arguments aside he is now fucking awesome when coming back to help out in defence. Tenacious enough to win the ball and sheer quality to work his way out of danger like a boss. He should spend most of his game attacking but when he does come back to help out I can't think of an occasion where he hasn't come away with it.

Ben Arfa :clap:

In regards to HBA, all arguments aside he is now f***ing awesome when coming back to help out in defence. Tenacious enough to win the ball and sheer quality to work his way out of danger like a boss. He should spend most of his game attacking but when he does come back to help out I can't think of an occasion where he hasn't come away with it.

Ben Arfa :clap:

IIRC we've scored 3 times recently from HBA regaining possession in our own half.