Alan Pardew

JH

Yeah, he's definitely gone the right way about his awkward situation.

As long as he keep improving us with every chance he gets, be it with signings, tactics and the way he handles tricky times, he's got my support. I was totally against his appointment like most, but he's going to be given time it seems and I wish him the best. So far so good Mr P.

Guest palnese

Fabio Zamblera lives in Hong Kong?

... the winner of "the most random post, in the most random thread of the year award"

:lol:

Been meaning to post in this thread since the mackems. Seems some think you have to post views on here that go against your fundamental outlook in order to give your fundamental outlook credibility. Would have liked to have done a bigger and more thoughtful post but haven't got the time or inclination atm, especially as I'd like to say it before we put in a decent performance tomorrow as we might.

Basically, I probably have to give him a reasonably sized chunk of credit to the way he's performed since he came in. Don't like him. Still expect it to turn out relatively badly through his own fault if we pretend Ashley isn't going to beat him to it. Think Hughton would have got as good/better results. And after the Stevenage game was genuinely concerned that we'd go down this season due to his brainless selections/strategy/tactics/comments.

All the same, whether it was through good luck or not, he rectified a number of his mistakes with his Sunderland choices, as he had done after the Tottenham/Man City games. Overall he's not managed to fuck up as much as he could have in 6 weeks or so. He's at least got an inkling of what side his bread's buttered with this team/club and seems to have generally not yet stood in the way of the flow of our excellent of squad of men, who if largely left to their own devices will make any manager's job relatively easy. Fwiw though, I've always remembered Pardew's initial job, at Reading, which was a fair bit more successful than his later efforts.

I really did have some more insightful things to say the other day when I first intended to post this but this post hasn't worked out that way unfortunately. Oh well. Another time. Anyway, onwards lads to the next catastrophe...

Not sure if this has been posted before but an old 2007 article that explains Pardew's background and his poor handling of the media resulting in West Ham bringing in a media consultant from NOTW to guide him. This has perhaps shaped his current Media personality. Sounds like a well balanced chap having come late into the game as a full time professional and may also explain his disappointment with Nile Ranger's attitude

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/may/07/newsstory.sport1

He's done OK and the team have done the rest. Sitting where we are at the minute in the league is without doubt a success but thus far that is down to Hughton and his management of a team of lads who realise how special their roles at this club are.

That, combined with the togetherness and team spirit that Hughton developed here is what has seen us tackle sticky patch after sticky patch. The Pardew scenario was another sticky patch that was put to the table, simply through Ashley's jizzing all over it with his excitement of pissing us (the fans) off again. Well for all his jizzing we didn't give him the backlash it deserved and ultimately that also helped Pardew to disappear off the fans radar and get on with his job.

Speaking more specifically about Pardew, I haven't seen his interview from 'Late Kick Off' which apparently he handled well, but for all of his other interviews - I can't help but feel uncomfortable with what he says and some of his ideas seem questionable. Regardless of this aspect of his role as manager, I think his appreciation of the club and it's loyal support hasn't gone unnoticed and that combined with the results which undoubtedly he has had some hand in (although as to what level is questionable) is enough to say he has done an okay job thus far.

If we were to get to Europe he has obviously done marvellous as has Hughton.

I still have my feet firmly stuck in the Hughton camp, but for what it's worth my bootlaces are slowly coming undone and that halfway hotel isn't so far away.

Guest palnese

Needs to learn how to close games out. Two weeks in a row a rash of substitutions has failed to kill the game.

Knackered players and no quality from the bench. Hardly his fault.

Needs to learn how to close games out. Two weeks in a row a rash of substitutions has failed to kill the game.

Knackered players and no quality from the bench. Hardly his fault.

This is basically it. When James Perch and a 19 year-old striker are your bench options, better teams will get goals against you.

Look at what Redknapp had to bring off the bench FFS... world's apart.