John Carver

Guest neesy111

Only Mike Ashley could make a public statement about investment and ambition then appoint a disaster zone like Carver the following week. The cheek of the fella.

It's really quite an incredible thought.

The man's record as a manager in English football.

Played 28

Won 6

Drawn 4

Lost 19

He managed to get as many points as he did defeats in his spell at the end of this year. (13)

Yet they'll probably put him in charge , spend millions rebuilding the team and leave it in the hands of this lumbering dimwit. :lol:

Adds up to 29.

So even more shit then. :lol:

Hmm.. no, something's not right about this at all. His media training, the reluctance to confirm he was only contracted until the end of the season, Ashleys preference to promote from within, being included in summer recruitment meetings, Ashley deflecting the responsibility on TV. Jonas also tweeted the club deserved better a few weeks back (and was then dropped) when there was an apparent discussion about Carver getting the job (I've read or heard that from somewhere, I'm sure (I hope I'm not making that up :lol: ))

If it's true Schtevie Mac burned the bridges, and Garde wasn't keen if he couldn't have his own staff, that really does only leave Carver :( "We tried"

So much for the 80 candidates :yao: Lies upon lies upon lies

I suppose he thinks that delivering an ultimatum will increase his chances of getting the job. As though they won't want to risk having no manager at all in a few weeks' time.

I can't see that he's done anything at all to justify being given the job. They spent a long time before giving him the caretaker position till the end of the season, and he's not done anything to impress. In fact, some of his comments - particularly hanging Willo out to dry - were incompetent.

Suuuuuuuuuurely not.

"I sat with Jonas this week, and told him: 'You could write your own fairytale',"

Only just seen that quote on NUFC.com.... even trying to claim credit for Jonas' performance and goal.

:idiot2:

Hmm.. no, something's not right about this at all. His media training, the reluctance to confirm he was only contracted until the end of the season, Ashleys preference to promote from within, being included in summer recruitment meetings, Ashley deflecting the responsibility on TV. Jonas also tweeted the club deserved better a few weeks back (and was then dropped) when there was an apparent discussion about Carver getting the job (I've read or heard that from somewhere, I'm sure (I hope I'm not making that up :lol: ))

If it's true Schtevie Mac burned the bridges, and Garde wasn't keen if he couldn't have his own staff, that really does only leave Carver :( "We tried"

Starting to agree with you. If Garde don't fancy it, the job is Carver's.

My brother had some coaching sessions with him as a youth 20 years ago and said he was shit. He was apparently a total arsehole too.

That's the most believable ITK I've ever read here. :thup:

As if this cretin would walk away from the job if he doesn't know by Wednesday. What a dick the man is.

I'd like to think there is no way we would employ him but I also expected a club announcement that his contract would not be renewed not long after the game. Too much wishful thinking from me :(

Opt against making immediate decision = carver 'announced' later in the summer

:snod:

Utter contempt. Utter, utter contempt.

Should put to bed any notion all the eejits who beleived a single fucking word or syllable that fat lying twat said before Sundays game.

This regime is fucking rotten and needs smashing. it cannot be reformed or reform itself.

Utter annihialation is required.

Guest chopey

this

@lee_ryder  5m5 minutes ago

Newcastle United set to opt against immediate decision on John Carver and head coach role http://bit.ly/1Kx2b74

Regardless of whether he'll be the head coach or not he's still going to be at the club come July? :anguish:

That rules out everybody with an ounce of creditability. Klopp could want to come in* and still have to work with Carver. :lol:

*pls

"John Carver will begin his summer holiday tomorrow but while his future is not completely clear in terms of the head coach job, he has already been assured he will be at the club when Newcastle return to pre-season training in July." :anguish: