Fulham vs Newcastle United - 2/2/2011 - Live on Sky - Pre match bant

ElDiablo

The thing is even after everything that's gone on, I still yearn for the next matchday.

Looking forward to this.

Aye, me too. It probably helps that Carroll hasn't played for us for quite some time and that he wouldn't play tomorrow anyway.

The thing is even after everything that's gone on, I still yearn for the next matchday.

Looking forward to this.

Aye, me too. It probably helps that Carroll hasn't played for us for quite some time and that he wouldn't play tomorrow anyway.

Would definitely be hurting worse if he'd rattled in a hat trick last week.

New desktop for me now too. Cheers!

And me thanks, changed mine last night straight away but it wasn't very good! Forgot to change the screensaver on my phone so that pissed me off when it appeared in the library today  :angry:

Looking forward to the trip tommorow. Toss up between going to Putney or Hammersmith to drink beforehand, can anyone recommend anywhere? Didn't someone say the Coach and Eight in Putney or something like that?

Guest TrueToon

Nonsense, we've played well enough without him last few games. It really is not the end of the world, or the season.

This,100%

Guest TrueToon

I'm just as confident about finishing well as i was with Carroll tbh,I think the players we have will step up to the plate and do the job!

That's one thing that I love about supporting this club. As many times as I feel like I've been punched in the gut, especially over the past few years, there always seems to be a glimmer of optimism, of hope and faith in the lads that comes through the gloom. I have no idea why and I'm clearly setting myself up for more disappointment, but still there it is. We are Newcastle!

Nonsense, we've played well enough without him last few games. It really is not the end of the world, or the season.

This,100%

Fully agreed. The loss of him playing-wise is hardly being discussed. Of course it's a blow to this season, but he is not the 8th best player of all time which his transfer fee suggests.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game. Would be fantastic if Ranger could get a goal and Barton/Nolan could do what they do best.

This game has been overshadowed somewhat by events over recent days but it is an incredibly important match. A win tonight and we are starting to open up some real daylight between ourselves and the teams fighting it out to avoid relegation.

A win tonight would put us 10 points ahead of Wigan with a game in hand, a minimum of 9 ahead of Wolves and West Ham with a game in hand on West Ham, 7 clear of West Brom and Fulham with a game in hand on Fulham and 6 points clear of Everton.

Pardew is “worried” about Wednesday night’s visit to Fulham after admitting Carroll’s departure had sparked “disillusionment” throughout the training ground from masseur to top players.

Just what we didnt want to hear if these words are true,Pardews first mistake in interviews imho and what he should be saying is "we have a big game tonight and its our chance to move up the table and maybe put a bit of a run together and put a bit pressure on the teams above us and take away any nagging doubts we can get dragged lower down the table and have to look over our shoulders"

Before he said this i thought we could muster a draw even a win but not now . :no:

Has he really said that? ??? x

Bloody hope not

Yes he did.  Heard it on the radio and seen it in print.

I feel sorry for the players really.  Just as they start to think the club is making progress, they as well as the fans get knocked back down to earth.  Yet again they will have to resort to their mental strength and unity to push on.

I wonder if this has damaged their relationship with Pardew.  After insisting since he arrived that Carroll would not be sold and then saying he was involved in the decison to sell, how can the players trust what he says now.  Hughton protected them - I think Pardew will end up alienating them.