SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Guest kingdawson

but was O'Neil really in charge of wages? doesn't he just identify what player he wants and the chairman deals with the financial side?

but was O'Neil really in charge of wages? doesn't he just identify what player he wants and the chairman deals with the financial side?

He'd have had a very large input.

Don't forget, these Americans arrived here knowing nothing at all about the game and how things work. MON stepped forward, said "I'll do it" and they let him do that.

If they hadn't let him do this, they'd have been accused of not backing the manager. Their mistake was to back him so unequivocally.

It was only when they'd wised up to a few things that they asked him to work on the wage bill and the selfish cunt threw his toys out the pram at a time designed to cause us the maximum trouble, the vindictive shit.

I doubt many modern managers have much, if anything, to do with deciding how much a player should be paid. Just IMO.

Manager: "I want this player"

Chairman: "How much is he going to cost me?"

Manager: "5m"

Chairman: "How much does your player want?"

Agent: "65k a week, 3.5 years"

Chairman: "The player wants a fortune. How much do you want him?"

Manager: "I must have him"

Chairman to agent: "Ok, you're on"

Managers these days have to manage wage bills as well as players. 'Arry goes on about it every day of the week. For some reason, Martin thought he was above such trivialities.

I can understand why we don't want to be in for him with the fee involved and the excess baggage he still has with this club.

Think it might be a mistake though.

Isn't the fee only 2.5 million more than we got for him?

I can understand why we don't want to be in for him with the fee involved and the excess baggage he still has with this club.

Think it might be a mistake though.

Yeah, you have to consider if all our players were fit (yeah right :lol:) he'd not necessarily be a starter in his prefered position. Nevertheless, would have loved him back, think he'd have been perfect compliment to the players we have.

He'd have had a very large input.

Don't forget, these Americans arrived here knowing nothing at all about the game and how things work. MON stepped forward, said "I'll do it" and they let him do that.

If they hadn't let him do this, they'd have been accused of not backing the manager. Their mistake was to back him so unequivocally.

It was only when they'd wised up to a few things that they asked him to work on the wage bill and the selfish cunt threw his toys out the pram at a time designed to cause us the maximum trouble, the vindictive shit.

Sounds familiar. Substitute Americans with Cockney wankers and you have our story a few years ago basically.

If you look back to January and that apparent deadline day bid, it just shows that the board have no plan in place at all. Gutted we aren't in for him but that's the story of being a fan of this club under the current leadership.

f***ing disgusting that we aren't in for him.

Not like we're alone in that. There must be a reason that only Villa have apparently been willing put in an acceptable offer for him.

Well can see the money being an issue. Teams like Bolton, Stoke, Wolves, Everton probably don't have £10 + 50-60k a week to pay and top 6 and Sunderland probably don't need him since theyve bought wide players.

We on the other hand, should have a shit load of money and should be willing to put £20 million into signing Zoggy, Cabaye and Erdinc. With the other two and all these fees it should reach about the £35-40 we should have from selling Carroll, Nolan and possibly Routledge.

I understand the strict financial control policy by the club and understand they don't want to pay the huge amount for Sturridge. But £10 for Zoggy is an incredible price for a player who can win games on his own and is very good at set-pieces. Having Cabaye, Barton and Zoggy would make us a threat from everywhere on the field with set pieces. With that said I think the club doesn't want to sign someone after having sold him couple of years earlier.

I try my best not to be unreasonably negative, but I have to say, it's sort of annoying.

Aston Villa = reinvesting incoming transfer fees

Newcastle = not reinvesting incoming transfer fees (so far)

I'm annoyed we aren't buying him as well TBH, I would have loved to see him back and that price is reasonable. All I can guess is we think we already have enough wide players and/or we won't spend that much on anyone.

It's clear we've opted for the cheaper deal in Marveaux both in fees and wages probably. This doesn't mean Marveaux's not a quality player but obviously Zog was tried and tested. The proof will be in the pudding next season when we compare how our respective clubs get on.

I'm annoyed we aren't buying him as well TBH, I would have loved to see him back and that price is reasonable. All I can guess is we think we already have enough wide players and/or we won't spend that much on anyone.

It's clear we've opted for the cheaper deal in Marveaux both in fees and wages probably. This doesn't mean Marveaux's not a quality player but obviously Zog was tried and tested. The proof will be in the pudding next season when we compare how our respective clubs get on.

Yep, of course. Fingers crossed Marveaux will play well.

I want to see if they agree personal terms.  I won't believe this deal is done until I see him in a Villa kit.  If I was a gambling man, I'd bet he doesn't agree terms.

probably just as well you're not a gambling man then

Imo Zoggy should be a must. No matter how you put it it's win win, just by signing him on a long contract will raise his value.

Probably the safest and best investment our club can do at this moment when it comes to signing new players.