Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Would play be halted if a manager/coach/substitute ran onto the pitch and tackled an opposition player but the opposition had an advantage?

Regardless of the rule I would assume so because of the chaos that would ensue.

• 2 weeks later...

I've obviously missed it but what's going on at Chelsea these days? Struggling with transfers, pissing Conte about, going after the likes of Carroll and crouch allegedly. Has Roman lost interest or something?

New stadium.

I've obviously missed it but what's going on at Chelsea these days? Struggling with transfers, pissing Conte about, going after the likes of Carroll and crouch allegedly. Has Roman lost interest or something?

Wants to run it as a sustainable business now. Not sure on the background to that decision though.

New stadium.

Aaaaah of course.

Plus they've that business model of signing loads of bairns and selling for profit which is going quite well.

Why don't they have a clock on motd?

A clock on each Match of the Day edit would require a separate graphics operation to superimpose the time live on each game. At present one graphics source puts the graphics on all matches once they're edited. Any changes would therefore be very costly. It would also lead to the clock jumping dozens of times during an edit as we pull up close-ups' date=' replays and set pieces.[/quote']

Why don't they have a clock on motd?

A clock on each Match of the Day edit would require a separate graphics operation to superimpose the time live on each game. At present one graphics source puts the graphics on all matches once they're edited. Any changes would therefore be very costly. It would also lead to the clock jumping dozens of times during an edit as we pull up close-ups' date=' replays and set pieces.[/quote']

Hm.

What is the rules for which games are using bar at the moment? Does ours have it today?

Ours doesn't, not sure why it's at some grounds and not others. My guess would be camera angles, think they need facing cameras across the pitch for the lines the software adds to be perfect, for offsides.