Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Can't speak for how up-to-date this is, but here:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/craven-cottage-fulham.html#aby-train-london-underground

Putney Bridge tube is close - about a 15-minute walk. We used to go to Fulham Broadway and walk down, which is quite a bit further but there were a couple of really nice pubs on the way. The other side of the river is really nice too.

One nice thing about most London grounds is you can have a pre-match pint/meal somewhere central and not be too far away from most grounds. Like, we'd always get a pint and food at somewhere like the Head of Steam near Euston in the morning and read the papers, then jump on the tube for Arsenal/Chelsea/Orient etc etc.

Go to Fulham if you've not been before, it's possibly my favourite ground. I've not been to Wimbledon but QPR is thoroughly unremarkable.

Tube to Putney Bridge, pint in the Eight Bells then walk ten minutes through the park by the river to Craven Cottage.

Go to Fulham if you've not been before, it's possibly my favourite ground. I've not been to Wimbledon but QPR is thoroughly unremarkable.

Tube to Putney Bridge, pint in the Eight Bells then walk ten minutes through the park by the river to Craven Cottage.

:thup: Found Fulham very straightforward to get to.

Yeah, Fulham's my favourite away trip in London as well.  Hope they get promoted.

Really? :lol: I'm sick of seeing us go there and suffer drab 1-0 defeats every bloody time.

Ah the result's always terrible, it's just a pleasant AF away trip.  Last time I was there the match was that boring I was watching the boats go by to the left of us instead.  Been there at least 3 times and it's always a nice trip out.

Don't get me wrong, that'd probably be a really nice place, but it's not football like :lol:

You see, I think that, but then I see that square at that top right, realise it's still probably not as high as our level 7, and would love to watch a game from there.  :lol:

Was reading today the new Brentford ground has flats in it too. Madness.

Obviously the new flattened griffin park will immediately become unaffordable housing.

£30 for the end behind the goal at Fulham. Pair of red chords and a Serbia flag and I’ll be reet.

Was reading today the new Brentford ground has flats in it too. Madness.

Obviously the new flattened griffin park will immediately become unaffordable housing.

£30 for the end behind the goal at Fulham. Pair of red chords and a Serbia flag and I’ll be reet.

:lol:

Went for our opening game last season and tbf I was in amazement at the scale of jeans and sheux worn by home fans on the tube there.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please explain to me the format of the Belgian 2nd division? :lol:

Why does the team finishing 2nd go into a group format to try and qualify for the Europa League? :lol: Yet the team finishing 3rd gets promoted? What?

The top two tiers are technically the same division - 1st Division A and B, operate as two separate divisions for a while then split/combine at some point in the new year, going into various little groups to compete for the title, EL places and relegation places. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Re: the kicking off earlier thing. When interviewed Keegan's side thought we were at a definite disadvantage in '95 - '96, having the majority of our games moved to Sunday or Monday for tv.

That wasn't it. We were invincible at home and not so away. Fixtures were stacked with the better teams at home first half of the season so we blitzed it then got caught second half as manyoo found form.

Re: the kicking off earlier thing. When interviewed Keegan's side thought we were at a definite disadvantage in '95 - '96, having the majority of our games moved to Sunday or Monday for tv.

That wasn't it. We were invincible at home and not so away. Fixtures were stacked with the better teams at home first half of the season so we blitzed it then got caught second half as manyoo found form.

I was going off the Time of our lives episode on sky sports, with Jeff Stelling interviewing Ginola, Howey and Bez. They clearly stated that as we were the entertainers our games were often moved from Saturday to Sunday or Monday for TV. Man United were playing Saturdays and they felt gained an unfair advantage

I was going off the Time of our lives episode on sky sports, with Jeff Stelling interviewing Ginola, Howey and Bez. They clearly stated that as we were the entertainers our games were often moved from Saturday to Sunday or Monday for TV. Man United were playing Saturdays and they felt gained an unfair advantage

Possibly/probably contributed I guess but the weighting of fixtures was the main thing imo, gave us a false lead for want of a better word.