Arsene Wenger

Parky

Coleman and Ivanovic are better than Debuchy, man. Defensively and going forward. Amazed that anyone could argue differently.

agree fully on Coleman, not so sure Ivanovic is better going forward but defensively he's miles ahead of Debuchy.

personally I think Chelsea would be better off with Ivanovic at cb and azpilicueta actually playing in his proper position at rb but seems to work for them

Ivanovic isn't half the CB he is RB. Plus Mourinho doesn't like FBs who are going to attack>defend so he's ideal.

personally I think Chelsea would be better off with Ivanovic at cb and azpilicueta actually playing in his proper position at rb but seems to work for them

Ivanovic shouldn't ever play CB proven time and time again he's not good enough there.

Coleman and Ivanovic are better than Debuchy, man. Defensively and going forward. Amazed that anyone could argue differently.

I wish you'd pack it in doing this :lol:

I remember you saying the same about arguments against Pardew managing Ben Arfa perfectly. I just don;t think that Debuchy being better than Coleman is worthy of ridicule. I would say he's probably better personally like, mainly because of his knack of getting goals, but Debuchy has performed fantastic in a fucking horrid side. I cannot say I watched him in France but it's not like he's just arrived on the scene either.

That's misleading, mind. I maintain Pardew managed Hatem very well on in the whole in 11-12 to our massive benefit. Obviously he's made a shocking and cowardly mess of it this season.

Not ridiculing you, either. Ivanovic and Coleman have track records of defending very well and making important contributions at the other end. Debuchy doesn't.

Ben Arfa himself said that Pardew was the best manager he'd ever had at some point so clearly things were going well for a while before they went bad.

He also, in the same month, said that he was fully fit but it was the manager's decision to not play him, whilst pardew was saying he wasn't a winger and that his stats weren't right.

I honestly couldn't see Coleman looking the part defensively in a side that collectively concedes 3-4 goals a game. It's cliche but I just couldn't see Coleman being a stand out player for us this season if the roles were reversed.

He'd stand out like a sore thumb next to the likes of Williamson, Taylor and Coloccini, man.

Ben Arfa himself said that Pardew was the best manager he'd ever had at some point so clearly things were going well for a while before they went bad.

He also, in the same month, said that he was fully fit but it was the manager's decision to not play him, whilst pardew was saying he wasn't a winger and that his stats weren't right.

he clearly worked out Pardew would use any excuse not to play him so just tried to suck up as much as possible. If he so much as hinted pardew wasn't jesus reincarnate pardew wouldn't play him

I honestly couldn't see Coleman looking the part defensively in a side that collectively concedes 3-4 goals a game. It's cliche but I just couldn't see Coleman being a stand out player for us this season if the roles were reversed.

He'd stand out like a sore thumb next to the likes of Williamson, Taylor and Coloccini, man.

I'm not sure he would tbh Ronaldo. With poorer quality players with Ireland he rarely performs very well

• 4 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Arsenal fans are such whingers like. The bloke is absolutely magic. Easily my favourite non-nufc manager of all time.

Guest firetotheworks

This is true, sometimes I forget that it's just people being daft and not just x y and z team's fans. Except Liverpool of course. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Third most successful club in England went 9 years without a trophy.  It's easy to see why he was under pressure, especially with the money they've got in the bank.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd be interested to see what level of success they would have had without him arriving.