Sammy Ameobi released

James

Sammy will never make a PL footballer, just like his brother should never have. Good luck to him non the less, seems a down to earth hard working likeable lad, just like Shola. Far rather have him in my club than that power ranger lad

A string of first-team starts should do him the power of good.

I still think Pardew was harsh on Sammy and Shane when he talked about the youngsters not stepping up to the plate, but maybe it was all part of a cunning plan to get Ashley to fork out in the transfer market.

Sammy has great potential and that goal was no flash in the pan.

Sammy will never make a PL footballer, just like his brother should never have. Good luck to him non the less, seems a down to earth hard working likeable lad, just like Shola. Far rather have him in my club than that power ranger lad

Rubbish.

Just seen the goal and that skill on Bellamy. Good on you Sammy. I've never quite agreed with the heavy criticism of him on here he just simply wasn't ready for regular first team appearances in the Prem especially when the whole team was playing like shit earlier in the season. He's got fantastic close control which not many players his size do.

Just needs to be nurtured and opportunities like this current loan deal are perfect for his development.

Just seen another video of him taking on a couple of their players (one being Bellamy), some good bit of skill there and they couldn't really deal with it.

He always looks the same to me tbh, even with his goal today it looks untidy but he still manages to pull off this bit of skill and do something effective with it.

Despite his name and looks I'm sure he's actually Lua Lua's brother. If he could be as effective for us as "little treasure" in his prime I would be happy with that as a squad player.

I'm putting a match comp together now. He really did play well. Kieren Dyer is running the game though, so pinch of salt to be taken.

Dyer has always been class imo and had the ability to control games. A massive crock he is but ability wise he can always cause problems.

Class goal. However that defending :lol: Weren't these playing Cardiff? who are currently "storming" the Championship :lol:

People always say stuff like this, but Championship teams repeatedly look competent in the Premier League once promoted, most of the time after not making many signings.  You see equally comical Premier League defending at times.

Just seen his goal, brilliant skill there.

Pleased for him.

it`s on youtube for those of you who haven`t seen

Great goal and holy shit that bearded fan in the video is a champ. Thought Gimli was a Boro fan for a moment there.

Reading the Boro fourm their full of praise for him, aside from the goal there was a moment when he was surronded by 3 Cardiff player and he easily skipped past all 3 despite tripping and gave the ball to a team mate, made a complete fool out of Bellamy while doing so :lol:

Took his goal well. It's a nightmare for a defender having an attacker run at you in the box like that, so easy to clip the leg and concede a penalty.

My thinking at this early stage of his career would be to have him out on loan for a whole season somewhere in the Championship.

Oh look, Sammy scores a good goal and plays well in one match and all of a sudden all past criticism was either harsh or inaccurate.

Honestly :lol:

It was harsh before this game. People going on saying he's complete shit, will never make it and was league 1 level. Surely we have learnt not to completely write off players early on.

Guest TCD23

It was stupid of people to start saying he was shite when he's a unfinished youngster. He needs experience so the stupidity came from before for the slating of him.

Oh look, Sammy scores a good goal and plays well in one match and all of a sudden all past criticism was either harsh or inaccurate.

A lot of the stick he has got off here has been ridiculous and way ott.

A lot of the stick he has got off here has been ridiculous and way ott.

:thup: He's always been talented much more so than his brother imo, he needs to iron out his decision making, work rate, end product and understanding of his position.

But the raw tools are there.