Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Was quality in the Championship last time around, they should have kept him, built the team around him (which he needs, the lazy shit) and shifted a few others.

I would have taken Onuoha on loan.

Jol is a good manager for him, as he's an attack minded manager, and it's a nice attacking team to play in.

I can see Berbatov giving him a serious rollocking a good number of times though.

I wouldn't be excited by the prospect of Berbatov and Taarabt in the same team. Berba gets away with it because he has the moment of sheer genius but they'll effectively be playing with 9 men most of the time.

I have concerns about Marveaux's work rate at times but he looks like Gattuso in comparison :lol:

As you say, they're a nothing club, it's not like signing Bent is going to make them top class, just a signing that would make sense for both the club and the player. I'd rather have Gomis anyway, would bring much needed hold up ability.

As you say, they're a nothing club, it's not like signing Bent is going to make them top class, just a signing that would make sense for both the club and the player. I'd rather have Gomis anyway, would bring much needed hold up ability.

A nothing club that still finished above you last season though. I think Ronaldo's point is that you shouldn't want them to improve at all, whether it's a player you're interested in or not.

Agree though. Gomis > Bent. I really like Gomis as a player.

Well they're going to (attempt to) improve whether I want them to or not. It would be different if this were January and the table had somewhat worked itself out, then there are teams I know we'll compete against who I can actively want for/against signing someone. I just don't see Bent signing for Fulham having that much of a negative effect on us, and I think it would be a good move.

It would if we don't get Gomis - and even if we do there's a big 'if' involved. At least we know Bent will do the business with decent service.

Just surprised that anyone would hope that one of our targets - a proven PL goalscorer with pace and pedigree - would go to Fulham. Anyway, hopefully we get Gomis and he'll be quality.

Fulham Football Club ‏@FulhamFC 1m

Jol has confirmed that QPR's Adel Taarabt will undergo a medical at the Club with a view to a season-long loan. http://ow.ly/nEGCC  #FFC

Retweeted by Oliver Kay

Expand

Such an expected, "meh" signing.

He absolutely tore Fulham apart when he played against them a few months back. From a neutral point of view it was definitely one of my favorite individual performances of last season. 

Fulham Football Club ‏@FulhamFC 1m

Jol has confirmed that QPR's Adel Taarabt will undergo a medical at the Club with a view to a season-long loan. http://ow.ly/nEGCC  #FFC

Retweeted by Oliver Kay

Expand

Such an expected, "meh" signing.

He absolutely tore Fulham apart when he played against them a few months back. From a neutral point of view it was definitely one of my favorite individual performances of last season. 

He's literally done that once, though :lol: I really don't get Taarabt.

I wouldn't be excited by the prospect of Berbatov and Taarabt in the same team. Berba gets away with it because he has the moment of sheer genius but they'll effectively be playing with 9 men most of the time.

I have concerns about Marveaux's work rate at times but he looks like Gattuso in comparison :lol:

Berbatov is not lazy. That's a myth.

Berbatov, Ruiz and Taarabt should be interesting to watch.

Dat work rate.

Absolutely no doubting their collective talent (Berb is my idol) but that simply cannot work :lol:

Berbatov and Ruiz linked up excellently together. If they can both stay fit, Fulham will have a good season. Fulham's problem arose when Ruiz was out, then it was all on Berba.

Berbatov, Ruiz and Taarabt should be interesting to watch.

Dat work rate.

Absolutely no doubting their collective talent (Berb is my idol) but that simply cannot work :lol:

Berbatov and Ruiz linked up excellently together. If they can both stay fit, Fulham will have a good season. Fulham's problem arose when Ruiz was out, then it was all on Berba.

Excellently? Ask a Fulham fan about that one. They haven't been nearly as effective as they should have been. Hence why they are looking for another striker.