Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

It's a pretty sad move, really, but I understand why he's going to make it. His eyes are firmly on the International scene and he knows he's Pardew's wet dream. It'll be interesting to see where he gets played - his best form for us was undoubtedly as an AM but they already have 'Punch the baller' there.

Punch is one of their best players too. Surely a midfield of:

Jedinek  Cabaye

Bolasie  Puncheon Zaha

Is far too attacking for Pardew?

I think it'd be classic Pards, tbh. He'll be in full-on ego mode after his Palace run and will be looking to tinker, as he usually did here (see his '500 passes a game' idea after we finished 5th, for example). Isn't this usually his downfall at clubs? Sets up decent teams that grind out wins (Palace are a smashing counter-attacking outfit, to be fair), gets ideas above his station to be more attacking and the teams look leaky as owt. The players then lose the confidence they had in him and he gets sacked (well, apart from here).

This is very true.

By Christmas:

Jedinek Ledley Cabaye

Punch                              Bolasie

Murray

Bolasie hauled off for a LB 1 down after an hour.

never underestimate the pull.London tbh. he can be back in paris in 2 hours

Good point.

I can't say I'm too bothered about this. It would be a good signing for Palace, but as far as our club is concerned, I think 'never go back' applies in this case.

People seem to want Palace to fail so that Pardew fails, but as far as I'm concerned we've got plenty of other things to worry about.

Flight to Paris from NCL is less than an hour no [emoji38]

Going to have a lot of pace ahead of him to thread balls through too, so he should look good there.

However, I'm going to bank on Pardew to do something crazy to ruin it.

Going to have a lot of pace ahead of him to thread balls through too, so he should look good there.

However, I'm going to bank on Pardew to do something crazy to ruin it.

They're a quick side but are they clever off the ball? I don't watch them much but when I do, the likes of Zaha and Bolasie seem to prefer to stick out wide, isolate their man and get the ball to feet, rather than make runs for passes into space.

This move doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would purely because it's obvious how shit a move it is. It's just sad. No man is happy to be at Palace. You'd have to put up with Pardew and Puncheon for a start.

Cabaye struggled to dictate games when he was here and it continued at PSG; remember the stats when Tiote used to have twice as much possession of the ball per game. I used to just blame Pardew and the coaches for this but I think maybe his inability to dribble or turn out of situations was a hinderance. He's a fantastic striker of the ball which makes him a great moments player (think of some of his passes and goals for us) but the last 2 years has shown he maybe isn't dynamic enough for the top level. He probably suits rigid Pardew-style teams in hindsight.

He's a good player, worth what they'll be paying I'm not too sure.

He could either play as part of the two in a 4-2-3-1 and do his usual snidey yet effective bit of fouling and getting away with it and the dictating things from deep. (His best position imo)

Or

Pardew plays him as a no. 10. Where he's effective but it means he drops Puncheon who's a twat and this causes problems leading to relegation.

After posting on here for a few years now I almost want this to happen now......

All this said he's close as he can be to Debuchy if this goes through. Probably his main aim.

Cabaye struggled to dictate games when he was here and it continued at PSG; remember the stats when Tiote used to have twice as much possession of the ball per game. I used to just blame Pardew and the coaches for this but I think maybe his inability to dribble or turn out of situations was a hinderance. He's a fantastic striker of the ball which makes him a great moments player (think of some of his passes and goals for us) but the last 2 years has shown he maybe isn't dynamic enough for the top level. He probably suits rigid Pardew-style teams in hindsight.

Well said.