Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Putting aside the fact that his departure needn't be an inevitability...

I'd hoped we would hang on for a bit more cash. I'm not gonna sit here and define a player by his value in the transfer market - but the facts are: he's a brilliant player, he's in brilliant form, he's a French starter, prime age, PSG are absolutely loaded. £21m would be the second highest fee we've ever received but I still reckon we could get more for him.

Definitely. :thup:

It's sad for him to leave, but people shouldn't get pissed off. He's got the opportunity to play in the CL, win a trophy, live in Paris and get a huge wage hike. Also getting to play with Zlatan would be pretty cool.

It's sad for him to leave, but people shouldn't get pissed off. He's got the opportunity to play in the CL, win a trophy, live in Paris and get a huge wage hike. Also getting to play with Zlatan would be pretty cool.

Eh? He's got Shola, what more does he need?

If he wants to go, let him go and I hope he flops like Carroll did. Just make sure we get the best possible fee for him but (and this is the big but) make sure we replace him with the money!

Hope he does well there. Not being in the same league changes everything for me.

Lets be honest we never have sold our best players unless they wanted to leave, or for extortionate amounts.

First time for everything I suppose.

Fellaini cost significantly more than this for fucks sake.

throw in english selling to english tax, a moyes tax since they were stupid enough not to use the clause they had to be aware existed and late window desperation tax

It's sad for him to leave, but people shouldn't get p*ssed off. He's got the opportunity to play in the CL, win a trophy, live in Paris and get a huge wage hike. Also getting to play with Zlatan would be pretty cool.

I'm pissed off with our club and it's lack of ambition, is that OK?

If he wants to go, let him go and I hope he flops like Carroll did. Just make sure we get the best possible fee for him but (and this is the big but) make sure we replace him with the money!

Genuinely don't understand this attitude. Small-time pettiness at best.

I wouldn't begrudge him the move at all, really. I'll have an immovable pride in our club so long as the stripes are black and white, but in the context of today's game - our club doesn't strive to reach the heights a player like him is capable of reaching. Between us and PSG he'd pick them every time and I'd find it difficult to argue. It needn't have been like this, though. We've got so much potential, especially when the league is in such a transitional period.

Ah well. Gutting, but nowt we didn't all see coming.

Genuinely don't understand this attitude. Small-time pettiness at best.

:thup:

Hope he succeeds. Proud to see of one of our players go to such a big and historic club.

Yeah, people seem to be forgetting that he actually wants to leave. We've got a player who went on strike the first few weeks of the season because we wouldn't accept a paltry offer from Arsenal.

I don't think you can put this down to lack of ambition.

We can put it down to a lack of ambition, that's why he wants to move on.

Well i for one will see it as a pleasure to see Cabaye turn out for the mighty PSG.

I paid £602 for a season ticket to see players like him play for us

On the plus side at least we wouldn't have to listen to Pardew try and flog him in every press conference he gives.

It'll be someone else next. I am absolutely 100% convinced AP is on a bonus for % profit on transfers.

Yeah, people seem to be forgetting that he actually wants to leave. We've got a player who went on strike the first few weeks of the season because we wouldn't accept a paltry offer from Arsenal.

Why do you think he wants to leave?

Guest bimpy474

We can put it down to a lack of ambition, that's why he wants to move on.

But we're progressing Mike, haven't you seen it.

Fellaini cost 27-28m :anguish:

Fellaini had a 1 in 3 record the season he left. He looked awesome, not many people predicted he would flop

Yes they did.... anyone that watched Fellaini play CM before knew he was crap there and he would never have the opportunity to play his favourite role because Rooney was there.

It's sad for him to leave, but people shouldn't get p*ssed off. He's got the opportunity to play in the CL, win a trophy, live in Paris and get a huge wage hike. Also getting to play with Zlatan would be pretty cool.

I wouldn't begrudge him the move at all, really. I'll have an immovable pride in our club so long as the stripes are black and white, but in the context of today's game - our club doesn't strive to reach the heights a player like him is capable of reaching. Between us and PSG he'd pick them every time and I'd find it difficult to argue. It needn't have been like this, though. We've got so much potential, especially when the league is in such a transitional period.

Ah well. Gutting, but nowt we didn't all see coming.

PSG have the potential only 6 teams in Europe can match.

On the plus side at least we wouldn't have to listen to Pardew try and flog him in every press conference he gives.

You're right. It'd be quite refreshing seeing him try to flog Debuchy instead. Which is what will happen, as surer as night follows day...