Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Yeah, people seem to be forgetting that he actually wants to leave. We've got a player who went on strike the first few weeks of the season because we wouldn't accept a paltry offer from Arsenal.

I don't think you can put this down to lack of ambition.

:dowiespin:

Guest bimpy474

Yeah, people seem to be forgetting that he actually wants to leave. We've got a player who went on strike the first few weeks of the season because we wouldn't accept a paltry offer from Arsenal.

Why do you think he wants to leave?

Champions League, or to a team wanting to try to reach it.

Call me old fashinoned by i dont see the massive attraction of aiming for 8th.

Lets be honest we never have sold our best players unless they wanted to leave, or for extortionate amounts.

First time for everything I suppose.

Fellaini cost significantly more than this for fucks sake.

throw in english selling to english tax, a moyes tax since they were stupid enough not to use the clause they had to be aware existed and late window desperation tax

What about the PSG are fucking loaded tax?

He wants to leave because the club has forced him to punt balls to Shola Ameobi every week.

Tongue-in-cheek, but you see what I mean.

Fellaini cost 27-28m :anguish:

Fellaini had a 1 in 3 record the season he left. He looked awesome, not many people predicted he would flop

Yes they did.... anyone that watched Fellaini play CM before knew he was crap there and he would never have the opportunity to play his favourite role because Rooney was there.

It was a stupid purchase. As ever, their chief problem remains in central midfield, where they have no truly great player to dictate matches. But I digress, because we're about to have our own share of issues there too.

On the plus side at least we wouldn't have to listen to Pardew try and flog him in every press conference he gives.

It'll be someone else next. I am absolutely 100% convinced AP is on a bonus for % profit on transfers.

You cant blame him for him going and not accept he did well to get him in the first place.

f***ing hell why would Cabs turn down PSG and chance go home and maybe win the champs league.

On the plus side at least we wouldn't have to listen to Pardew try and flog him in every press conference he gives.

It'll be someone else next. I am absolutely 100% convinced AP is on a bonus for % profit on transfers.

Back to Tiote again soon I think.

Well I was considering running a sweepstake on it, but I can't think of any of our other players that are in such eye-catching form (Remy isn't ours). Sissoko perhaps?

It's sad for him to leave, but people shouldn't get p*ssed off. He's got the opportunity to play in the CL, win a trophy, live in Paris and get a huge wage hike. Also getting to play with Zlatan would be pretty cool.

I wouldn't begrudge him the move at all, really. I'll have an immovable pride in our club so long as the stripes are black and white, but in the context of today's game - our club doesn't strive to reach the heights a player like him is capable of reaching. Between us and PSG he'd pick them every time and I'd find it difficult to argue. It needn't have been like this, though. We've got so much potential, especially when the league is in such a transitional period.

Ah well. Gutting, but nowt we didn't all see coming.

PSG have the potential only 6 teams in Europe can match.

Who knows? Maybe PSG would be too tempting an offer for him to turn down in any situation, but I don't think it would be as cut and dry/inevitable if we'd so much as attempted to reach our potential.

On the bright side, maybe Anita would finally get 90 minutes every week.

Start playing well, a few mom displays and he'll be the next one off. It's a never ending cycle of desperation.

The world keeps spinning, we keep staying up and achieving the sum total of fuck all.

Just so long as nobody complains too loudly or gets too attached to our players. We're not an oil nation you know. Our billionaire owner isn't able to compete with the rest.

What's the goal? Ran on a budget for the benefit of one man untils he gets an offer too good to refuse. In the meantime, sit down, shut up and keep spending your hard earned cash. And don't you dare to dream.

Guest bimpy474

Well I was considering running a sweepstake on it, but I can't think of any of our other players that are in such eye-catching form (Remy isn't ours). Sissoko perhaps?

Krul.

I really would love to know where this daft notion came from apart from ridiculous paranoia

I really would love to know where this daft notion came from apart from ridiculous paranoia

Any reason to grief King Pardew

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

You know what's going to happen. We wont pay enough for Cabella so that'll fall through. Then we'll still sell Cabaye as we're safe.

God that could be true couldn't it  :'(

Start playing well, a few mom displays and he'll be the next one off. It's a never ending cycle of desperation.

The world keeps spinning, we keep staying up and achieving the sum total of f*** all.

Just so long as nobody complains too loudly or gets too attached to our players. We're not an oil nation you know. Our billionaire owner isn't able to compete with the rest.

What's the goal? Ran on a budget for the benefit of one man untils he gets an offer too good to refuse. In the meantime, sit down, shut up and keep spending your hard earned cash. And don't you dare to dream.

I doubt there is a goal tbf.... apart from have a big football club do some pr work for his shitty sport shop.

The world keeps spinning, we keep staying up and achieving the sum total of fuck all.

Come on man, what do people think scouts are for? To read The Sun every morning? :lol:

It's all about the Champion's League now, unfortunately. The Europa League (our best hope) is utter shit, a complete joke. Can't say I blame Cabaye for wanting away. You only get once chance at such a career.

We could of course reject any approaches, but our ambition amounts to turning a decent profit on our players and not being relegated. That's it.