Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He shouldn't have refused to play, that's without question. Totally out of order and never justified.

However it's pretty obvious from his comments about Kinnear a few weeks ago and now these tonight about having an agreement he could leave that there have been some shenanigans going on.

Have no interest in his career from this point.

Gave us some nice moments and always disappointing to lose a player of talent but we got a glimpse of his true mercenary side in the summer. Goodbye.

:lol: how's that? How is he in anyway a "mercenary"?

When he refused to play to force a move away?

Didn't we dispel that rumor? I thought it was Pardew who refused to play him that match.

Genuine question, we flipped back and forth so often I'm not sure what the truth is.

Gave us some nice moments and always disappointing to lose a player of talent but we got a glimpse of his true mercenary side in the summer. Goodbye.

Didn't we dispel that rumor? I thought it was Pardew who refused to play him that match.

Cabaye apologised and was fined over it.

To a team who were in the CL and wanted to win trophies? its not always about the money.

Whatever the reasons for wanting a move away it is never acceptable to refuse to play for the team who pay your wages.

He's not a miner, he's a pampered little Frenchman. Shame as it could have been a truly amicable parting of ways.

To a team who were in the CL and wanted to win trophies? its not always about the money.

Whatever the reasons for wanting a move away it is never acceptable to refuse to play for the team who pay your wages.

He's not a miner, he's a pampered little Frenchman. Shame as it wasn't a truly amicable parting of ways.

:rolleyes:

He's not a miner, he's a pampered little Frenchman. Shame as it could have been a truly amicable parting of ways.

Your agenda is showing.

Very good player. Understand totally why he wanted to leave.

However, he'll always be the cunt who showed no respect to the club or the fans when he refused to play at Man City.

Always seemed like a player that was definitely going to move. It was weird that he even came to us.

Your agenda is showing.

Nah, just my bitterness. No interest in wishing players well when they move onto 'bigger' clubs. Especially if the player concerned showed us a lack of respect in his attempts to fuck off.

The more I think about it the better this deal is for us.... the way cabaye plays he only had 2-3 years tops for us.... I just hope whoever takes over as the "agent" is as good. I would love to Sissoko but its probably going to be Titote :/.

Very good player. Understand totally why he wanted to leave.

However, he'll always be the c*** who showed no respect to the club or the fans when he refused to play at Man City.

Always seemed like a player that was definitely going to move. It was weird that he even came to us.

We were a great career move for him. We paid him more than he was on in France, allowed him to prove he could crack it in the Premiership and also in a team where he was an absolutely key player rather than one that contained several class acts.

Your agenda is showing.

Nah, just my bitterness. No interest in wishing players well when they move onto 'bigger' clubs. Especially if the player concerned showed us a lack of respect in his attempts to fuck off.

:lol: Add him to the list with Carroll, Given, Enrique, etc.  Never any questions about why players want to leave this club the way it's run from people like you.

Overly cynical. Yes he was out of order for refusing to play, but I think the club didn't exactly discourage it, Pardew was almost supportive. Newcastle was a good career move for Cabs but he turned down other clubs to sign for us. In the end we couldn't grow with him and he had to move on to get back into the top echelons of the game. Who can blame him for that?

Your agenda is showing.

:lol: Add him to the list with Carroll, Given, Enrique, etc.  Never any questions about why players want to leave this club the way it's run from people like you.

:thup: Cabaye was always going to leave unless we could provide him with the money PSG offer, would have been nice if he conducted himself a bit better though. Not much to ask.

Don't wish to revisit the departures of those 3 creeps.

I always find it baffling how players are never mercenaries when they leave their clubs to join us for higher wages BUT when they leave us they are suddenly mercenaries

The extra wage may well have motivated Cabaye BUT I think the key thing is that PSG have ambition whilst we piss about in the league half arsed

I always find it baffling how players are never mercenaries when they leave their clubs to join us for higher wages BUT when they leave us they are suddenly mercenaries

The extra wage may well have motivated Cabaye BUT I think the key thing is that PSG have ambition whilst we p*ss about in the league half arsed

:thup:

It was always a lack of ambition more than anything else that had us lose the player in this case.

Your agenda is showing.

:thup: Cabaye was always going to leave unless we could provide him with the money PSG offer, would have been nice if he conducted himself a bit better though. Not much to ask.

Don't wish to revisit the departures of those 3 creeps.

:mike:

So he would've turned down PSG, the Champions League every season and the likes of Zlatan, Cavani and Silva lining up beside him if we offered him the same wage?