Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Horrible finish for the goal today like!

I disagree, if he'd gone for the corner the keeper would have saved it.  He scored because the keeper was already diving and Ba put the ball where the keeper couldn't make a clean save.

Took his goal very well, and general play was great. Very impressed.

Yup. Seems to have really found his form now. Everything about him impresses me. I know it's early days, but I think I'd rather have him than Carroll, simply because his movement's better and he's got more pace about him.

Also, he scores goals. Five times as many as Carroll.

I'm sure (hope) Ian W was being sarcastic. Anyway we really have a goalscorer on our hands. There were fears at the start of the season that we needed to put them on a plate for him but if West Ham could I was confident we would be able to. 

5 in 5 is a great start and I really think he will get fucking loads for us, I just feel confident when he is on the pitch we have a goal in us. He has absolutely brilliant movement in the box, today was just a simple tap in but that's ignoring his anticipation to make the space and get into a position the defence weren't  covering, a lot of that stuff goes ignored imo.

Played a good part before the goal too which a lot mentioned here.

We really have picked up someone who should have been out of our price range based on an apparent exploding knee, can't be arsed to look it up again but his game per season ratio was actually not bad of his career, something like 32 games a season :dontknow:

He was sliding in trying to get anything on it, did and the keeper couldn't keep it out.

A horrible finish would be putting it wide or over which better players have some how managed to do from positions like that.

He was sliding in trying to get anything on it, did and the keeper couldn't keep it out.

A horrible finish would be putting it wide or other which better players have some how managed to do from positions like that.

Fair enough, I was joking about it anyway because obviously he scored. I just meant he didn't strike it cleanly - obviously he did what he needed to do. I wasn't criticising him.

Guest johnson293

Funniest bit about the goal for me, was Friedels reaction.

The ball gets stuck between his knees and he slides in the net with it, then he sits holding the ball, very clearly inside the net, but then he appears to think no-one might have seen it and then moves the ball back outside/over the line, almost in some vein attempt to claim it hadn't gone in.

The ball gets stuck between his knees and he slides in the net with it, then he sits holding the ball, very clearly inside the net, but then he appears to think no-one might have seen it and then moves the ball back outside/over the line, almost in some vein attempt to claim it hadn't gone in.

worth a try with some of the officials we've seen.

Aye, noticed that as well :lol: