Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest ykmkmdd

In a statty mood tonight, 1 goal every 2 hours throughout 2011. Awesome.

Said in the Mail today (not mine I hasten to add!) that he has the best goals per minutes ratio in Premier League history.

£8m is fucking laughable btw. :lol:

Andy Johnson was £10m. So was Peter Crouch. Pavlyuchenko was £14m. City paid £17m for Roque Santa Cruz, a player you could argue had a similar purple patch (not that I doubt Ba can keep it up). Mackems paid £14m for Gyan.

£8m ffs.

£8m is fucking laughable btw. :lol:

Andy Johnson was £10m. So was Peter Crouch. Pavlyuchenko was £14m. City paid £17m for Roque Santa Cruz, a player you could argue had a similar purple patch (not that I doubt Ba can keep it up). Mackems paid £14m for Gyan.

£8m ffs.

He's got a better goals to games ratio than Carroll had for us last season as well. I'd say about £60mil is a fair price.

Said in the Mail today (not mine I hasten to add!) that he has the best goals per minutes ratio in Premier League history.

From a couple of months ago.  Look at the company he's sharing!  And he's probably even higher now!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/maps_and_graphs/2011/11/2/1320234519513/Top-score-stats-008.jpg

My mackem mate (who's usually sensible) told me before the start of the season that we won't score goals with Demba Ba upfront :yao:

Going to seeing my mate tomorrow (lives in Dorset these days), think that will be the time to mock him.

Demba Ba is a fantastic player for us, I knew he'd come good, I just didn't think he'd reach the level he's currently playing at.

This. I kinda thought he'd be an alright stopgap till we got in a proper striker...Still think he'll get an injury, but he's absolutely brilliant.

1756: On a serious note, do you think any of the top six sides may take a look at Demba Ba in January? He is scoring all sorts of goals at the moment. A free-kick the other day, headers, scrappy goals like today's effort. He and Gary Cahill had a right old battle as well, he can mix it up. I'll start the bidding at, say £8m? Who will buy?

wtf BBC?? we're one frickin point off the "top six sides". gahhhh.

£8m?.. £8m?!.. 8 million  pounds???!!!!!  :kasper:  :tickedoff:

Wonder how much hes worth,  Carroll is english and younger so knock off 10 Million, but he's a better player all round and scores more

Have a feeling i'm going to adore Ba. He might be the greatest striker ever to play for us.

It's official.

:lol: It's funny that, you're not one for patting yourself on the back Ronaldo.

Love Ba, looks tremendous.  Not looking forward to being without him.