Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Luke Edwards @LukeEdwardsTele 50s  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

Final word on Ba 2day, Somebody tell Redknapp 2 stop stirring or I'll tell Chelsea Modric has handed in a transfer request #nufc #thfc #cfc

Guest Chubby Jason

Redknapp should be keeping a low profile you'd think. He actually faces serious criminal charges this month and yet there's hardly a mention of it in the press, he really has been placed on a pedestal by the press.

With free signings of good players, they choose you, not you choose them. Basically we'll have to pay the going rate to keep him. Spurs aren't a mega wages club, so Twitchyface can say what he likes but they won't be in pole position. It just shows once again that he is a slimy hypocrite playing the media for what he can.

What happened with that lad (Forest was it?) where we said there was an escape clause but they said it didn't mean they had to sell?

You mean Neil Taylor (Swansea)?

Thanks! Couldn't remember.

Anyway, I think we'll have to pay him more. With Alan Smith soon to be off the books, it mightn't hurt as much as it could have.

Is this the end for Spiderman?

11:59am Monday 9th January 2012 in Sport

By Paul Fraser »

Chief Football Writer

The victory was achieved without striker Demba Ba, who is now on Africa Cup of Nations duty with Senegal.

Ba’s future has been questioned following Harry Redknapp’s decision to inform the rest of the Premier League about a clause in the Newcastle striker’s contract.

While Redknapp did not reveal the details of the clause in 15-goal Ba’s Tyneside deal, it has been claimed he has the option to leave for the right price if a club that qualified for Europe comes in for him.

“I just think the media tripped up Harry a little bit,” said Pardew.

Ba signed a three-year deal last summer and Pardew added: “You don’t want to talk about other players in the window and I’m sure he regrets it.

“He’s a Newcastle player and has been brilliant for us and that’s all I want to say about it.”

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9460317.Is_this_the_end_for_Spiderman_/

Taken from the Jonas article posted by Skirge. It's like saggy face has got everyone under some kind of fucking mind control for fuck sake. :lol: Unreal.

Been thinking about this release clause a bit and I'm not hugely worried.

Ultimately this comes down to where Ba wants to ply his trade and who will offer him the best terms to do so.

I should think salaries and broad conditions at various clubs are very common knowledge in football and he'll know (or his Agents will be able to find out) what other clubs would be broadly prepared to offer him.

If Ba is happy here and knows he can get £x per week more elsewhere then the first port of call (you'd think) would be Dekka's office to renegotiate his terms. I'm pretty sure this is what happened with Tiote.

Club takes a risk on buying x player, player performs above expectations, club realises it's asset has future value = club protects it's interest and player gets more dosh.

The risk here is that we are signficantly underpaying him (in his/his agents view) or that NUFC are not prepared to renegotiate/come to the table with a better deal for both parties.

Thrown in to the mix is the medical issue and the risk that we give him a new contract today and he fucks himself in the next few months. But then, that's what insurance is for, I guess?

All the clause does, in my opinion, is hasten the discussions around reviewing his contract from NUFC's viewpoint.

Fucking tripped Harry up. So, Harry Redknapp, king of the media, got cheated by a reporter? Really? If he genuinely did get asked to talk about the release clause, rather than bring it up himself, does anyone believe he didn't purposely plant that question? This topic, that hasn't been mentioned or known about in public quarters once this season, suddenly pops up to Harry fucking Redknapp of all people, with no other managers given the option of mentioning it. Oh aye, because he got 'tripped up'. Poor Saggy Face and his friendly twitch, taken in by those parasite reporters. Cunt.

Redknapp should be keeping a low profile you'd think. He actually faces serious criminal charges this month and yet there's hardly a mention of it in the press, he really has been placed on a pedestal by the press.

Looking forward to seeing his press pack chums start having a go at him, one by one, when he gets the England job.

He's a fucking soundbite machine but will end his career with failure managing England.

From this morning's Journal:

Pardew absolved blame from Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Redknapp for suggesting Demba Ba had a buy-out clause in his contract, something the Magpies have refused to confirm or deny.

Spurs have given Newcastle a transcript of Friday’s Press conference, and Pardew is happy that Redknapp – who is not thought to be interested in the 15-goal striker – was merely responding to a suggestion made to him.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/01/09/no-need-to-stay-back-hatem-ben-arfa-told-61634-30083655/2/#ixzz1ixsUGNIv

Those comments from Pardew were relating to the press conference the other day not the the most recent quotes about the price of the release clause so i think we may have a bit more anger towards him now. Even so, to think Redknapp was "tripped up" is very naive.

Still not 100% convinced this clause actually exists, this has all came from those comments from Karen Brady and under PL rules NUFC are not allowed to discuss the contents of his contract.

Still not 100% convinced this clause actually exists, this has all came from those comments from Karen Brady and under PL rules NUFC are not allowed to discuss the contents of his contract.

but redknapp is?

No but the potential repercussions for NUFC are much worse.