Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

So Demba is teaching Cisse English :lol:

Just caught the end of a Demba  interview on SSN

Demba: I’ll fire Newcastle into Europe

By MILES STARFORTH

Published on Wednesday 21 March 2012 12:15

DEMBA Ba’s determined to fire Newcastle United into Europe.

The striker’s already banged in 16 goals this season, and is hungry for more between now and the end of the campaign.

Ba hasn’t netted for five games, and Sunday’s opponents West Bromwich Albion are now in his sights.

However, the 26-year-old’s main objective is helping Newcastle, sixth in the Premier League with nine games left to play, back into Europe after an absence of five years.

“If I can score more goals before the end of the season, I’ll be more than happy,” Ba told the Gazette.

“I’ll try hard to score some other goals, but the most important thing is to get into Europe. If we can do that, it’ll be good.

“Getting into Europe would be something big for me and the team. Newcastle is a club which should play in Europe - it’s a big club.

“When you look at the stadium and see the fans, the city is all about football. We need to get back in Europe – and stay there for a while.”

Ba was voted the signing of the season so far by Premier League managers earlier this month, and the former West Ham United player couldn’t be happier with how his first season at St James’s Park has gone.

Alan Pardew’s side kept the pressure up on Chelsea, in fifth, with a 1-0 win over Norwich City last weekend, and the objective is to qualify for the Europa League.

“The way the fans here treat me on the pitch and in the street is brilliant,” added Ba. “I’m very glad to have been made so welcome in Newcastle.

“It’s going great - it’s been a great season so far. I can’t say more than that.

“It was very important to get the win against Norwich - we have to stay in touch with the teams above us in the league, and keep a gap with those below us.”

Ba, however, is wary of West Brom, who won 3-2 at St James’s Park in December.

Vuckic set for chance at Newcastle after Cardiff return blocked

“It’s going to be very hard on Sunday,” he said. “We know a bit about West Brom - they came here and beat us.

“When we go there we can’t make the same mistakes we made when they played here, and we have to do them what they did to us and win.”

Ba was speaking at an educational event for schoolchildren at St James’s Park yesterday organised by the North East-based charity Show Racism the Red Card.

The Senegal international experienced racism playing in Germany with former club Hoffenheim.

And he said: “Children need to learn from a young age that racism is wrong.

“They’re the next generation. If they know more about racism, then they’re going to react better when they encounter it.

“I experienced racism in Germany unfortunately. Some people people act stupidly.

“There’s nothing really happened in England apart from the tweet somebody posted on my Twitter. Beside that, nothing serious.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/demba-i-ll-fire-newcastle-into-europe-1-4369115#.T2nMmPVUQas.twitter

Bizarre. Had dinner tonight at an ice-hockey match in Germany with the owner of Hoffenheim. He said that messing up Demba's contract cost him €5 million. His worst transfer mistake ever.

He also said that Cisse is the real deal.