Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Think he'll do really well in the role. His standard should pass onto the others :)

The only choice. Has been tremendous, best DC since Woodgate and comfortably in the top 2 that I've ever had the pleasure to see in black and white.

Also strikes me as ideal leadership material. Really happy for him, hope he stays for years.

The only choice. Has been tremendous, best DC since Woodgate and comfortably in the top 2 that I've ever had the pleasure to see in black and white.

Also strikes me as ideal leadership material. Really happy for him, hope he stays for years.

His fitness levels make him a much better player than Woodgate.

I'd personally rather have Coloccini on the pitch. Woodgate was very good but not quite the defender many on here make him out to be. I'd certainly like to see him behind Nicky Butt and Danny Guthrie.

I'd personally rather have Coloccini on the pitch. Woodgate was very good but not quite the defender many on here make him out to be. I'd certainly like to see him behind Nicky Butt and Danny Guthrie.

Same; we might've stayed up.

Such a talented footballing defender, I think he would slot seamlessly into Barcelonas team so no surprise he is captain material for us. I hope the higher profile will get him an international recall.

Hasn't he only missed 3 games or something from injury in last 3 years for us. That's phenomenal considering the effort he puts in, top professional n class player

He played every minute for Deportivo the season before we got him in, impressive.

Arguably the best ball playing CB in the league.

Nout on Wes Brown like

I've got a Mackem mate who seriously believes John Mensah is one of the best in the world. Problem is, he's "slightly injury prone".

:clap:

:mackems:  :mackems:  :mackems:  :mackems:  :mackems:  :mackems:

Hasn't he only missed 3 games or something from injury in last 3 years for us. That's phenomenal considering the effort he puts in, top professional n class player

He played every minute for Deportivo the season before we got him in, impressive.

The last time he missed a top flight game through injury in England or Spain was in 2006. :lol:

The last time he missed a top flight game through injury in England or Spain was in 2006. :lol:

Nar, under Kinnear he came off for the stoppage time of the Tyne-Wear derby. Shoot him.

Nar, under Kinnear he came off for the stoppage time of the Tyne-Wear derby. Shoot him.

He came off injured after half an hour away at Man City. Sack him off tbh.

Didn't miss the game, though.