Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Anyone else think that maybe this injury is a smoke screen for him to return to Argentina to sort out his problems?

Which problems, namely that he wants to leave to go back to Argentina? :lol:

So he's decided that within a year of signing a new contract? I may not be Hercule Poirot but something drastic must of happened for him to have such a change of heart.

I've already said Colo's far better than Williamson. But he hasn't been Colocinni good. In fact, he's been below standard all season for him. That's called under-performing.

Has Williamson cost us as many goals as Colo this season (in your opinion)?

Probably. Williamson's problems run deep so it's a futile comparison. As a partnership there's been times where once could've bailed out the other and failed to do so. Stoke away the obvious one.

Colo has the power to WIN us points. I'm certain had he not got injured at S'land we would have won. That's the potential of Colo. With Williamson it's more of a story of not dropping points.

Anyone else think that maybe this injury is a smoke screen for him to return to Argentina to sort out his problems?

So he's decided that within a year of signing a new contract? I may not be Hercule Poirot but something drastic must of happened for him to have such a change of heart.

Frankly I'm past caring. As good as he's been for us, the future looks very bright with or without him. He's going home because him and his wife want to.

Frankly I'm past caring. As good as he's been for us, the future looks very bright with or without him.

I'm with you on this. 

Would have felt ridiculous to even think that a few month ago but I have plenty of faith in Mapou.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8540673/

Alan Pardew is confident that Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini will be ready to return to the first team within two weeks.

The Argentina defender was ruled out of Saturday's 1-0 defeat to Swansea with a back problem that will keep him sidelined for Thursday's Europa League tie against Anzhi Makhachala.

The Newcastle boss will be forced to turn to Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Steven Taylor in the centre of his defence in Moscow.

But Pardew hopes Coloccini's injury will not keep him out for long with the Magpies still too close to the Premier League relegation zone for comfort.

"I don't think it's that worrying, but it is a back injury, so we have to be careful," Pardew said.

"I think a couple of weeks."

Shame, but it's a nice chance for Taylor and MYM to get used to playing together.

Pretty much my feelings on the subject too. Don't get me wrong i'd rather have Coloccini in the side, but there's a silver lining here.

Shame, but it's a nice chance for Taylor and MYM to get used to playing together.

Pretty much my feelings on the subject too. Don't get me wrong i'd rather have Coloccini in the side, but there's a silver lining here.

Don't think Colo would have fluffed his lines like MYM did for the Swansea goal.

Guest icemanblue

Couple of weeks is 5-6 in Pardew speak.

That's not nearly negative enough, mate. Should have went for the full season. :lol:

Out between 3 and 7 weeks according to Pardew. Two broken bones in his back, gone back to Argentina.

??? That's insane

Fuck sake.  Brings Williamson a step closer to the team and Taylor seems incapable of staying fit. 

It was also a rare treat to have 3 quality centre backs vying for a start and if we progress in Europe, it's going to take its with MYM and Taylor playing every game.

3-7 weeks, he's homesick and he's gone back to Argentina....  Something tells me it's going to be nearer the 7 mark :(

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newacstle-skipper-fabricio-coloccini-could-face-longer-spell-on-sidelines-1-5472644

NEWCASTLE United captain Fabricio Coloccini could be out until May.

The defender is sidelined with a back problem suffered against Southampton last month.

Coloccini has flown back to his native Argentina to be with his family – but the defender’s expected to return to Tyneside next week.

United manager Alan Pardew – whose side face Anzhi Makhachkala in Moscow tonight – has allowed him to fly back to South America on compassionate leave to be with his wife and children while he recuperates.

Coloccini asked to leave the club in January because of what were described at the time as “personal matters”. The 31-year-old agreed to stay until at least the end of the season – and Pardew felt it was right that Coloccini was allowed to see his family in the circumstances.

Pardew’s hopeful he could be back in three weeks – but he’s prepared for the worst.

“Colo has gone back to Argentina,” Pardew told the Gazette. “There’s no treatment he can have – he’s broke two of the bones in his back.

“We think it’s going to be anything between three and seven weeks. He’s gone back for a week.”

Coloccini’s absence means a long run in the team for January signing Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, signed from Montpellier.

Meanwhile, striker Papiss Demba Cisse didn’t travel to Russia with his team-mates after being laid low with a virus, and that forced Pardew to bring Shola Ameobi, who he is reluctant to use on the Luzhniki Stadium’s artificial surface.

“It is a blow – I thought he’d be ideal for this surface,” said Pardew.

“It’s something we’ll have to overcome. It’s a virus, but the doc doesn’t think it’s going to kick in for too long.

“But we obviously need him to train on Friday to get some air in his lungs.

“It’ll probably eliminate Shola from Sunday (against Stoke City), if he plays. That wasn’t ideal. So it’s kind of worked out in a reverse way.

“Nevertheless we’ve got great players in this team.”

Fuck sake.  Brings Williamson a step closer to the team and Taylor seems incapable of staying fit. 

It was also a rare treat to have 3 quality centre backs vying for a start and if we progress in Europe, it's going to take its with MYM and Taylor playing every game.

3-7 weeks, he's homesick and he's gone back to Argentina....  Something tells me it's going to be nearer the 7 mark :(

Gonna be mint in the summer when we don't sign a CB and are back to square 1.