Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

No way would we being in another centre half from outside the Premiership. Two new centre halves is asking for trouble. If Douglas is still out of contract in the summer (was he ever?) can see that happening maybe.

Get a pre-contract sorted with him now, Douglas is supern and the main reason why Twente have kept the most clean sheets in thier league this season.. Colo is fkn shafting us

must be family related, whatever it may be...family or health, literally no other reasonable explanation

obviously he needs to be there over anything else, he's not stuck a regular transfer request in. Something to do with his missus.

No way would we bring in another centre half from outside the Premiership. Two new centre halves is asking for trouble. If Douglas is still out of contract in the summer (was he ever?) can see that happening maybe.

Taylor and Mbiwa is an option if we get another CH in before the window shuts.

So San Lorenzo can't afford him and colo won't play.

What options do we have?

We won't terminate because that costs us.

We won't let him go for fuck all cause he's worth at least 6-8m.

How long would we have to wait for him to buy his contract out? How much would we receive.

If it was that his wife was ill or something equally bad like rumours say then surely he would have been allowed compassionate leave ages ago.

And his father/that club wouldn't be tapping up a £10m rated player, demanding he leaves but they won't pay for him if they had any respect for the situation.

No way would we bring in another centre half from outside the Premiership. Two new centre halves is asking for trouble. If Douglas is still out of contract in the summer (was he ever?) can see that happening maybe.

Taylor and Mbwia is an option if we get another CH in before the window shuts.

Its a pretty great option if Taylor can stay fit but how likely is that?

No way would we being in another centre half from outside the Premiership. Two new centre halves is asking for trouble. If Douglas is still out of contract in the summer (was he ever?) can see that happening maybe.

Get a pre-contract sorted with him now, Douglas is supern and the main reason why Twente have kept the most clean sheets in thier league this season.. Colo is fkn shafting us

Mbiwa & Douglas is probably as good as its going to get for us. They should compliment each other well.

Ledley king didnt train in the last few years of his career. Would just play on weekends.

If Colo's problem was so bad then he could have gone home during the week and come back for games. Or just be given time off in general but he hasn't. None of this makes sense.

must be family related, whatever it may be...family or health, literally no other reasonable explanation

I'm starting to question that tbh.

ok how so?  what are the other options in this scenario?  he wants to leave to go to another club for less money for homesickness perhaps (lived outside of argentine most of adult life btw)?  ok, maybe he's the first footballer in history in history to want that but it's unlikely...once you skip that step what's left?

Weird shit going on here. Thinking back to the rumblings weeks ago about a split in the camp, the fact Colo's form has taken a bit of a dip lately, questions about just how successful has he been as captain lately and it makes me wonder how long there's been something rotting away here...and what's caused it all? It's like the storyline of Goal! has been set into reverse gear? ???

The pressure's really on MYM now to settle in quickly. We may have spent a lot in this window, but there's not much time left for it all to gel together.

If it was serious or family-related he'd already be gone. The club wouldn't have dragged out negotiations and forced San Lorenzo to walk away. Yet he feels its serious enough to go AWOL over. Can't believe this is still dragging on.

not jumping in and judging on this, one thing i will say though is if i was a professional footballer in the top league who needed to leave and go home for deeply personal reasons there isn't an owner in the entire division, indeed perhaps the world, i could think would be worse to deal with than mike ashley

That's may well be true - Ashley would certainly be the type to play hardball. But in this case I don't think it's the least bit unreasonable to allow him to go but hold onto his registration until his contract expires. There's also a case for "fining" him for not fulfilling his contract (ie not paying his wages) on top of holding onto his registration.

In these days of player power, though, you can be sure the likes of FIFA and FIFPro will be lining up to support the case of poor, unfortunate (Not-So-)Fab(-Anymore). You'd like to think that Ashley would be holding the higher cards, and as you say, he is least likely to fold. I guess we'll find out tomorrow...

ok how so?  what are the other options in this scenario?  he wants to leave to go to another club for less money for homesickness perhaps (lived outside of argentine most of adult life btw)?  ok, maybe he's the first footballer in history in history to want that but it's unlikely...once you skip that step what's left?

Not sure but i think there's more to it than that, the ill wife talk has died down quite a lot in last couple of weeks i don't think that's the sole reason if the reason at all.

He's more than welcome to quit football.

We'll hold onto his nice shiny player registration though :aww:

how do player registrations work? he wouldn't be able to join another team until legal stuff was sorted?

Aye. It's well documented he wants to return home, San Lorenzo the only club in for him, Dad attempting to instigate the whole issue.

It's still a severe domestic case imo.