Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Whats this James Perch chant like?  :lol:

:lol: It was just  *ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap* JAMES PERCH!

and ' OH PERCHY PERCHY, PERCHY PERCHY PERCHY PERCHY PERCHY, PERCH PERCH PERCH'

Started of ironcially, but now I'm super going serial with it.

Gabriel Obertan delicates goal to NUFC fans

by Lee Ryder, Evening ChronicleFeb 2 2012

GABRIEL OBERTAN today dedicated his first Newcastle United goal to his team-mates and the Toon Army.

The French winger has suffered his fair share of stick since signing for the Magpies from Manchester United.

But he silenced those critics with a goal of sheer quality at Ewood Park last night, to seal an important 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers.

The victory pushed United into fifth place in the Premier League but rather than bask in the glory on a personal note, Obertan said it was all about playing for the badge.

When asked if being out of the team had made it a sweet moment, Obertan told the Chronicle: “I have never even thought like that. It’s about the team and the fans.

“It was a resolution for me to score my first goal – but a victory was more important for everybody.

“I didn’t have much time in the game but I seized the opportunity.

“When you have plenty of time like this it can be quite difficult because you have plenty of options.

“I just had to relax and stay calm and focus on the finish.”

Yet he admitted that he could not have imagined a better scenario after being thrown on in the dying stages before clinching the game.

Obertan added: “It was a dream. Blackburn were pushing and we needed a goal. We needed a win.

“Arsenal drew the game (against Bolton last night) and we’re fifth in February.” Whether people like it or not, Newcastle are in the race for European spots.

And Obertan wants United to make sure that they make the most of the opportunity.

The ex-Man United man said: “With 15 games left we are in the race and we can seize the moment.

“We’ve had two defeats but it’s great to bounce back like that.

“Hopefully we can get three points this weekend too.”

Alan Pardew had targeted two wins from Ewood Park and at home to Aston Villa this Sunday, and Obertan and United are halfway there.

He said: “We talked about with the gaffer. Two victories will be very important.

“Now we’re back at home and our confidence can be really high.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/02/02/gabriel-obertan-delicates-goal-to-nufc-fans-72703-30249928/#ixzz1lE5NzhQZ

'Delicates goal' :lol:

FFS Lee

The guy has been crap and a canny 5 minute cameo against a tired and losing team does not change that

I hope this has given his confidence a boost BUT I still would not start him, think he is better suited as an impact sub for now

If he starts on Sunday and plays like he has done majority of the season any confidence he got from the goal will soon be eroded

Did I tell you about my Abey?

Well, he comes around

6 feet four

From his fivehead to the ground

Comes around here

Just about extra time

Makes me feel so good

Makes me feel extra fine

And his name is OH-BER-TAN!

G-A-B-R-I-EL OH-BER-TAN! G-A-B-R-I-EL OO-BER-TAN!

DOO-DOO - DOO-DER - DOO- DER,  DOO-DOO - DOO-DER - DOO- DER,  DOO-DOO - DOO-DER - DOO- DER

It was a difficult opportunity,running that distance with the ball at your feet often leads to players bottling it.

Very accomplished finish and a bloody huge relief when it went in, it was probably celebrated as much as any goal we've scored this season.

It was a difficult opportunity,running that distance with the ball at your feet often leads to players bottling it.

Very accomplished finish and a bloody huge relief when it went in, it was probably celebrated as much as any goal we've scored this season.

It's a very underrated skill that, running at pace with the ball over distance and finishing cooly. I thought Obertan was exactly the sort of player to mess it up TBH, but very pleased for him that it went in.

I think he needed some time on the bench but stubborn Pardew kept playing him even though his confidence was shattered. Looks like the break did him well. Not saying this because he scored, but because as soon as he came on he looked comfortable on the ball and made some good passes, worked harder in the short time he was on the pitch than he did in many of the 90 mins he got earlier in the season and ofcourse took his goal really well.

So lets not write him off just yet, a couple of more sub appearances like last night and we may just have another attacking option to unleash against tiring or poor full backs. 

I think half the problem with him is that he's never a winger in a 4-4-2.

Said for a while now, when playing this strange 4-2-3-1 with players out of position, I would have loved the 3 to have been Obertan, HBA and Jonas.  All could play anywhere in that 3 and the fluid pass and move style might actually work.  Instead we played Jonas pretty much exclusively through the middle, a back to goal striker wide left and Hatem wide right.

On the goal, being 100% honest, I thought he would score and wasn't that nervous surprisingly.  I know it's a bit different doing it in a friendly, but he scored a few cool finishes in various highlight reels for Man U and I remember being impressed watching them.

He's just got to produce for more than 5 minutes now and he'll be a good player for us  :lol:

Obertans successful pass rate must be around 3%    Atrocious distribution and vision.....terrific work rate but why in the hell does he keep doing his Ronaldo shuffle/ crossover bit?  he never beats the defender with it he just gets closed down.

He did two-three things really well today either side of half time but quickly faded back into nonsense and frustrating bad decision making.

Also strolling around a lot when they were attacking down his side and not much urgency when he picked up the ball in our own 30 yards.

Thought he was really useful today. Got back well, ran with it well, had a good control, worked for the team. Generally just looked more up for it and better on the ball. Still pretty feeble in the final third, but i can forgive him for that if he shows a bit of graft - something he hadn't been doing up until now. Happy to have him as an option from the bench on current form.