Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

I don't get where our transfer policy is at the moment. We're just giving away top quality players. Awful.

Top quality? Come on. There's not a lot to choose between him, Haidara and Dummett.

Santon was given a lot of chances, but didn't make the sort of improvements that you'd want to see in a young player.

Heard you saw worse in the 80s; can you confirm?

Paul Stimson springs to mind. Others of my vintage will confirm.  ;)

Seriously though, isn't this a case of Mbiwa-itis? Anyone who the club doesn't want must be good.

I don't get where our transfer policy is at the moment. We're just giving away top quality players. Awful.

Top quality? Come on. There's not a lot to choose between him, Haidara and Dummett.

Santon was given a lot of chances, but didn't make the sort of improvements that you'd want to see in a young player.

Seriously though, isn't this a case of Mbiwa-itis? Anyone who the club doesn't want must be good.

Do you rate Williamson higher than Yanga-Mbiwa?

Nah - Santon couldn't defend and was ineffective going forward. His greatest ability was moving the ball up the pitch.

He has been fantastic going forward since he left, and has played both fullback positions competently.

RYAN TAYLOR STARTED FOR US AGAINST MANCHESTER UNITED.

And was replaced by a winger that recently recovered from a life-threatening illness.

Nah we're best rid of players who we might need, who needs a squad, it's a mugs game.

As you always indicate everything is rosy mate - way better than it used to be. Got loads of great players at the moment too, hope we keep hold of them all from those bids that will definitely come in for them.

As rubbish as NUFC is, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, I will never watch rugby. What a load of s****. 

Do what Dan & I did, move to the US. Loads of new sports to follow legitimately, plus if Spurs lose it's really easy to avoid the backlash from the media/other fans.

Have you seen how well he is doing in Italy?