Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I don't think I'd want Rondon, should be able to do better. Rodriguez is significantly better IMO. Probably rather sign Slimani as well.

Rondon for 8m is a steal - add Rafa's coaching - would score goals

Quite skeptical of him, but we need two strikers in the summer and if he was available for 8m i'd take him as a number 2.

I don't think I'd want Rondon, should be able to do better. Rodriguez is significantly better IMO. Probably rather sign Slimani as well.

Quite skeptical of him, but we need two strikers in the summer and if he was available for 8m i'd take him as a number 2.

Worse goal per minutes than Mitro and tons older.

Worse goal per minutes than Mitro and tons older.

Comparisons with Mitro are irrelevent as rafa will sell him in the summer.

If there were better options available then awesome but we need someone who would be happy to sign and be on the bench for a majority of the season. Means either someone young (and probably expensive), or someone like Rondon.

If the 8million thing was true, then its only a couple less than Joselu, but he has a much better pedigree. Strikers are expensive, we need 2 and i don't fancy blowing a large portion of our budget on someone who will sit on the bench, so he could be a good option, if he's cheap.

the best thing to do would be sign a number 10/ winger who can also play up front if Slimani (or whoever) is injured, but those players are generally really expensive.

We are going to be in the market for a centre back, one or both of Mbemba and Clark will go. One player I think we could get is Kurt Zouma. He's not had a great season with Stoke by all accounts and Chelsea could be tempted to cash in on him. Think he's the perfect type that Rafa can work with and out his rough edges and bring out the natural talent there.

Guest Howaythetoon

How realistic would Wellbeck be? I’ve always rated him and feel he’d be a huge upgrade on Gayle and would suit Rafa’s tactics massively. I think Rafa could help him with his injury issues as well.

Clément Lenglet as a potential first choice CB. Get rid of Clarke as he will never shift Jamaal or Florian.

Would be a step down from Sevilla to us maybe? Will probably be very expensive as well. But I agree, he looks very good.

How realistic would Wellbeck be? I’ve always rated him and feel he’d be a huge upgrade on Gayle and would suit Rafa’s tactics massively. I think Rafa could help him with his injury issues as well.

Could really see Welbeck becoming really great under Rafa. Has so many attributes Rafa would love. Think Rafa would get consistency out of him as far as his finishing too.

I have to say though I hope Rafa goes back in for Tammy Abraham, and we can take advantage of his quiet season at Swansea. He is a big talent that was just mismanaged at Swansea really with the managerial changes etc. Rafa would make him a star.

Tammy, Loftus-Cheek and Kenedy please!

Clément Lenglet as a potential first choice CB. Get rid of Clarke as he will never shift Jamaal or Florian.

Would be a step down from Sevilla to us maybe? Will probably be very expensive as well. But I agree, he looks very good.

Possibly, but he was playing for Nancy literally 18 months ago. Similarly Iborra left Sevilla for Leicester last summer, so I don't see any reason why Lenglet would be totally unrealistic, especially if we keep Rafa and finish as close to 8th as possible.

Could really see Welbeck becoming really great under Rafa. Has so many attributes Rafa would love. Think Rafa would get consistency out of him as far as his finishing too.

I have to say though I hope Rafa goes back in for Tammy Abraham, and we can take advantage of his quiet season at Swansea. He is a big talent that was just mismanaged at Swansea really with the managerial changes etc. Rafa would make him a star.

Tammy, Loftus-Cheek and Kenedy please!

Wouldn't be surprised if we went back in for Abraham, especially now his value has probably dropped due to not starting many games at Swansea. Not convinced he's got enough presence to be a lone striker personally, but he knows where the goal is. Wellbeck would be a good shout.

Possibly, but he was playing for Nancy literally 18 months ago. Similarly Iborra left Sevilla for Leicester last summer, so I don't see any reason why Lenglet would be totally unrealistic, especially if we keep Rafa and finish as close to 8th as possible.

Lenglet is 22, he'll be moving up if he's going to be moving

If that happens i give it a month before everybody starts getting annoyed with how awful he is at finishing and decision making.

Don't want anyone from any of the relegated clubs tbh.

Howay Yorkie, Rafa would make good players of a handful from Southampton. Redmond? Bertrand? James Ward-Prowse?

Shaquiri (sp) would be class, if Rafa could get him grafting.