Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I'm firmly in the over the moon camp. People far too quick to forget about the last decade.

Investment in Chinese football has been with huge sums of money recently and there are some absolute filthy rich Chinese investors who have been touting around football ownership for a while. At the minute, we spend the club's money - if we could have that money as well as some outside investment we're onto a winner.

Can't actually believe people want Ashley to stay.

Are there any success stories of clubs being taken over by Chinese companies? Wanda has a stake in Atlético, but it's still early days. The Chinese people that took over Espanyol seem pretty slow and steady, very hands off.

Peter Lim is Singaporean, not Chinese, but Valencia are a disaster.

Wonder if the current sponsorship deal was a prelude to this?

Was thinking the same.

Small part of me (but it does the job) is very erect, head's not so happy. Surely this can't work out well for Newcastle United

Are there any success stories of clubs being taken over by Chinese companies? Wanda has a stake in Atlético, but it's still early days. The guys at Espanyol seem pretty slow and steady, very hands off.

Peter Lim is Singaporean, not Chinese, but Valencia are a disaster.

West Brom are owned by a Chinese owner, worth £6.2billion apparently.

be fucking CLASS to be massive in china mind, great for the city long term i'd imagine as well

biggest chinese community outside London here?  practically ready made for them.