Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Just read this from the chronicle:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-protest-how-newcastle-5845812

Reading this p*ssed me off. I was actually looking forward to going to the leeds game.  Can't see what this is going to prove, boycotting a game which you need to buy a separate ticket for? They probably weren't even going to go anyway which is fine by me as its extra £££.

When are they going to realize that boycotting games are never going to work because proper fans like me+others will go and support the team no matter what. If you don't want to go and see the lads no more then f*ck off, i don't care, don't sing and dance about it and expect a medal because your boycotting a league cup match.

I don't know what form any protest should take, but obviously people are angry and feel they need to do something.  IMO a boycott of the cup game would only scratch the surface financially,  and we all know we won't stay away should we somehow reach the interesting stages,  quarter finals onwards,  and there'll be nearer a full house than in the Leeds game.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-protest-how-newcastle-5845812

Reading this p*ssed me off. I was actually looking forward to going to the leeds game.  Can't see what this is going to prove, boycotting a game which you need to buy a separate ticket for? They probably weren't even going to go anyway which is fine by me as its extra £££.

When are they going to realize that boycotting games are never going to work because proper fans like me+others will go and support the team no matter what. If you don't want to go and see the lads no more then f*ck off, i don't care, don't sing and dance about it and expect a medal because your boycotting a league cup match.

I don't know what form any protest should take, but obviously people are angry and feel they need to do something.  IMO a boycott of the cup game would only scratch the surface financially,  and we all know we won't stay away should we somehow reach the interesting stages,  quarter finals onwards,  and there'll be nearer a full house than in the Leeds game.

Suggesting a boycoutt against a club like Leeds, who will bring 6,000 fans with them and would love to be in the position we are in, is pretty embarrassing really. 

Lets all turn a blind eye to nufc being turned into sports direct fc

most will want to see it proven before being accused of turning a blind eye to it.

Much is already proven, the free advertising for example.

i was meaning the possibly illegal siphoning off from the tills.

Illegal? Do you mean to suggest it would be fine by you if the merchandising/retail revenue no longer went to the club as long as it was f***ing legal?

Are there any related party disclosures in the latest set of accounts?

Slow day:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2149/xzka.jpg

Yup that's the note - free advertising but no merchandising arrangement

I don't think the merchandising going through Sports Direct is a new thing, I think it's been like that for years as the girlfriend got me a bunch of stuff off it a couple of Christmases ago.

Everyone is assuming that because something is sold with a NUFC badge on it, is a Newcastle United product.

If Sports Direct produce and sell the clothes & merchandising and just stick a NUFC badge on it, then it is a Sports Direct product which the club is "advertising and promoting". This would be covered by the related party transaction clause and not a penny of any sale would need to go to the club.

For example, I picked the first shoe on nufcdirect, NUFC Skill Mens Astro Trainers: http://www.nufcdirect.com/nufc-skill-mens-astro-trainers-110582

They bear a striking resemblance to these Sondico Strike Mens Astro Turf Trainers: http://www.sportsdirect.com/sondico-strike-mens-astro-turf-trainers-268000

Sondico are a brand owned by Sports Direct: http://www.sportsdirectplc.com/company-information/brands.aspx

Suggesting a boycoutt against a club like Leeds, who will bring 6,000 fans with them and would love to be in the position we are in, is pretty embarrassing really. 

Yeah I must admit I'm not convinced, I'd like to see some kind of statement from the fans. A televised game say Man Utd at home or alike with a empty stadium would do more to promote our cause I'd say.

Although I agree in sentiment, a tie against Leeds is hardly going to set the media alight or cause enough rumblings at boardroom level. However to suggest us avoiding this match would be embarrassing? I would argue that is exponentially less embarrassing than all that has proceeded it, we lurch from one embarrassment to another with a 5th place finish just adding a little shine to the turd that Ashley's legacy has flung at us.

It's quite understandable the fans wanting to object publicly, but if it's really the case that Sports Direct are taking profits which would normally have gone back into the club through merchandising, it's the local media which should be playing the biggest part in making it public.

Ordered something online from nufc.co.uk the other day, got this email today from them -

We are pleased to confirm that your order from SD.com has been delivered.

How did we do today? Visit www.myyodel.co.uk and enter your parcel number to rate your delivery.

As a thank you, we?ll enter you into a prize draw (*).

Terms and Conditions apply, please visit www.myyodel.co.uk for details

Read into that what you will...

Ordered something online from nufc.co.uk the other day, got this email today from them -

How did we do today? Visit www.myyodel.co.uk and enter your parcel number to rate your delivery.

Who has taken the money?  Was it the club or SD?

Who has taken the money?  Was it the club or SD?

It says NEWCASTLE UNITED on my bank statement, so not a complete SD takeover just yet.

I had already made the decision to boycott the Leeds game,  yes it probably will barely scratch the surface but got to the point where something needs to happen.  You can't boycott a league game as he already has the season ticket money and while gate money isn't a major factor in clubs finances the empty seats and realisation of the anger of the fans may just show him what he could be facing next season when people don't renew.

As it happens the fans who went to the meeting yesterday aren't very happy with the Chronicles report as boycotting the game was never mentioned in the meeting.

It says NEWCASTLE UNITED on my bank statement, so not a complete SD takeover just yet.

I can only guess it's going to the club.

Should be able to determine with certainty based on bank account details no? Do UK payments not show the back account number of the benficiary party?

I had already made the decision to boycott the Leeds game,  yes it probably will barely scratch the surface but got to the point where something needs to happen.  You can't boycott a league game as he already has the season ticket money and while gate money isn't a major factor in clubs finances the empty seats and realisation of the anger of the fans may just show him what he could be facing next season when people don't renew.

As it happens the fans who went to the meeting yesterday aren't very happy with the Chronicles report as boycotting the game was never mentioned in the meeting.

You can just cancel your direct debit and not give them any more money while he's there, it's not rocket science. Unless you've paid upfront in full I suppose.

Ashley is going to see how we are at Xmas hoping 3 other teams drift away, if so he'll take his £18m out for the year, if we are in the shit he'll spend it inc wages.

Seems inevitable now. This cunt must be ran out of the club.

You can just cancel your direct debit and not give them any more money while he's there, it's not rocket science. Unless you've paid upfront in full I suppose.

Only daft cunts would've done this :shifty:

It doesn't really matter if January spending is aligned to this summer or that summer. We're in desperate need of another 2 forwards, simple as. Again we'll go without.

That's the bottom line at the end of the day. We needed at least two more players to make the squad capable of aiming for the top 6 and we didn't get them. Even if they arrive in January it might well be another season written off. Again.

This is the crux of the whole problem - Ashley is ducking and diving over transfers, doing deals in Jan to try to get ST commitment whilst not strengthening the team enough to progress it.

He's relying on people being fooled every time and as long as they keep coughing up, he'll keep doing it.

The answer is simple but some cannot or will not face it.

This is the crux of the whole problem - Ashley is ducking and diving over transfers, doing deals in Jan to try to get ST commitment whilst not strengthening the team enough to progress it.

He's relying on people being fooled every time and as long as they keep coughing up, he'll keep doing it.

People are fooled because they want to be, we all want everything to be perfect and live in hope that things will turn out for the best.  I told my wife to cancel my season ticket when we appointed Kinnear and thought that she had until I was handed a season ticket a week before the season started.  In a way I'm glad that she didn't cancel it but I'm thinking about what to do in February when its decision time again. 

I know Ashley has and will again take the piss and I honestly don't know what to do because other than the football, I like going to the match.  What I don't like doing is contributing to our current plight and I know I'm doing that if I renew.  In a way, I wish it was a financial decision where I was struggling to pay for the ticket but it's not and that makes it more difficult.

It's dead easy for you to say that some cannot or will not face it because you're miles away and don't really have a choice.  For people in or around the area it's not easy because they have an attachment to the club.

I would back some kind of action as long as it was going to be effective and not just me sitting at home while 50,000 plus still turn up.

I would love to see everybody stay outside until after kick-off when we're televised and maybe go in 10 or 15 minutes after the game started or everybody turn away from the pitch and do something symbolic.

Staying away is unlikely to work because some will always go and a lot will do it because of some kind of super fan mentality.  They seen to think they're better than others who don’t go simply because they do go.  You can see it on here and everywhere else, we have some fans that have no foresight, they can’t see anything more long term than today.

Guest antz1uk

Newcastle United fans’ groups met last night in an attempt to form a joint strategy to force Mike Ashley out of the club.

The Chronicle can reveal that among the tactics discussed was a boycott of the home Capital One Cup tie against Leeds United on September 25, an idea that has the backing of some supporters.

Last night’s meeting was arranged to gauge the widespread opinion among Newcastle fans about the current regime and what, if anything, they can do to change the club’s current ownership.

Various fan groups believe now is the time for them to be united and co-ordinate protests against the club owner, whatever form they may take. One idea, put forward on social media, is to arrange a march on a match-day to St James’ Park.

A poll in The Chronicle conducted in May found that Ashley’s approval rating was high among the majority of fans, although those on the other side of the debate wanted the billionaire businessman out of the club.

Newcastle fans have become angry with the way the club is being run 

But the appointment of Joe Kinnear as Director of Football and the subsequent failure to add more than Loic Remy on loan to one of the smallest Premier League squads in terms of senior players during the transfer window has changed the minds of many supporters who had previously backed the board.

Sources we spoke to yesterday admitted the feeling across all Newcastle supporters was a boycott would be a last resort as it goes against their natural instinct, which is to back the team.

But it has not been ruled, such is the anger and frustration currently felt by the Toon Army.

One told us: “Many have paid out for 10-year season tickets so Ashley has their money. So boycotting those games wouldn’t mean much.

“But if we stayed away from a game, such as the cup tie with Leeds that is not on the season ticket, that would hit him in the pocket.

“This isn’t something Newcastle fans want to do because we love going to the game and supporting the team.”

:jesuswept: If that is the case we deserve all we f***ing get.

They're not legally bound to pAy for a season ticket for the next 10 years fgs! I took the option up, cancelled it and fooked them off n haven't heard a been since. It's like that fkng kidnapper disorder they talk about. Stop being so soft and make a stand!

Fuck off  :lol: proper fan? You are not a fan at all if you want the club pillaged and raped by this horrible man. If you aren't willing to sacrifice one Wednesday night for the good of the club then you are no fan at all.

I too was and am really looking forward to the Leeds game but I've had enough now. The only way fans can send any sort of message is to simply vacate the stadium but oh no 'proper fans' like you will continue to go every week and buy his horrible wonga tat and suck Ashley's dick.

Get a grip.

Guest icemanblue

I can only guess it's going to the club.

:lol: Tickled me, after all the web sleuthing.

People are fooled because they want to be, we all want everything to be perfect and live in hope that things will turn out for the best.  I told my wife to cancel my season ticket when we appointed Kinnear and thought that she had until I was handed a season ticket a week before the season started.  In a way I'm glad that she didn't cancel it but I'm thinking about what to do in February when its decision time again. 

I know Ashley has and will again take the p*ss and I honestly don't know what to do because other than the football, I like going to the match.  What I don't like doing is contributing to our current plight and I know I'm doing that if I renew.  In a way, I wish it was a financial decision where I was struggling to pay for the ticket but it's not and that makes it more difficult.

It's dead easy for you to say that some cannot or will not face it because you're miles away and don't really have a choice.  For people in or around the area it's not easy because they have an attachment to the club.

I would back some kind of action as long as it was going to be effective and not just me sitting at home while 50,000 plus still turn up.

I would love to see everybody stay outside until after kick-off when we're televised and maybe go in 10 or 15 minutes after the game started or everybody turn away from the pitch and do something symbolic.

Staying away is unlikely to work because some will always go and a lot will do it because of some kind of super fan mentality.  They seen to think they're better than others who don’t go simply because they do go.  You can see it on here and everywhere else, we have some fans that have no foresight, they can’t see anything more long term than today.

I agree with some of what you say and I know how difficult it is - you should remember, when saying I am miles away, that I am not advocating anything I hadn't already done myself because as I keep reminding people I refused to buy a ST during the Magpie Group campaign until McKeag had gone - that took 4 years so I had to stomach not going but I knew it would be worth it - and it was.

That is the ONLY thing you can cling to, but with Ashley being even MORE of a pi--taker than McKeag, I wouldn't have the slightest difficulty in not going now were I in the UK.